The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pygora doe who is always scratching her back with her mouth- she reaches back as far as she can and bites the area just above her hips on both sides. She's a little bit bald in those two spots. You can see it a little bit in this picture: https://flic.kr/p/4
She doesnt have lice or mites, I checked multiple times over the past few months. She did have lice at the end of winter, the whole herd did but it cleared up on its own within a few weeks and never came back.

Is it just that she is itchy and pulled the hair out or is there something more serious to look out for?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
It looks like she has her winter coat still so maybe what your seeing is just the under coat ????? I know when mine have their winter coat all the dirt and hay everything gets stuck in it and I'm sure that itches. If your sure not lice or anything maybe brushe her out. Lice are crazy here so when I see bald spots they get pour on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K I will try brushing her and see if that helps- she is itching on the fence a lot too, I noticed. Her coat has gotten longer since that pic was taken, too. That was about 2 months ago. I'll take another pic today and put it up to show a little better.

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts