The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Goat Mom
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling pretty proud today :cool: so my pygerian is 11 weeks old and was quickly becoming a sexual menace,harassing my 50lb nigerian wether to the point of cowering behind me :rolleyes: so today was the day,I didn't sleep that well last night knowing it was today,I've been awake since 4 am. I know I'm ridiculous!

I gave .2 cc's of banamine then 45 minutes later had my husband set him in his lap man bits facing me. I got them in the bander and carefully checked everything over, both nards,check,no nipples,check. Took a sec to look up and check on Brian,his head was hanging off to the side and his eyes were half closed :eek: I'm not sure if he was high or in pygmy goat heaven. I closed the bander and rolled off the band. That was the hardest part,the band slipped off the last prong a little hard and he let out a little squeak. I gave him some milk and put him back outside. He wasn't quite as active for the morning but is back to regular now. He really was not effected by it much. Now that I've seen burdizzo and banding both first hand I will not burdizzo again. The best part, my husband who never gives the goats sympathy was stroking him while holding saying" it's okay little guy, I know. Is she hurting you,are you okay?" :ROFL:

·
14,615 Posts
Good for you!:thumb:
He'll probably stop whatever he's doing now & then to check out the lack of blood supply to his jewels.
It's so funny, our hubbys if nothing else relate to the poor boy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts