The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brigie's Boer Goats
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a young kid he is 3 months. I've decided to wether him and was wondering if its too late to band i don't want to crush i would rather band. He is smaller than normal and has a little sack so its about the size of a 6 week old. Would he be okay?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
3 months is a great age for banding as long as you can fit the sack into the band :)

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
You guys are speaking of boers is it ok to band my nigerian dwarf if he is 11 weeks old?
Not sure with Nigerians, hopefully someone will chime in.
If you get no response here, you may want to make a Topic with your question in the proper category. ;)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
You guys are speaking of boers is it ok to band my nigerian dwarf if he is 11 weeks old?
Yup. I breed Nigerian Dwarf's, and band them at 10-12 weeks.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I have a young kid he is 3 months. I've decided to wether him and was wondering if its too late to band i don't want to crush i would rather band. He is smaller than normal and has a little sack so its about the size of a 6 week old. Would he be okay?
No, it is not to late to band him, and he will be fine. I've banded at 3 months of age and the only problem was restraining them while banding. That got very interesting, very quickly! :laugh: Just make sure that he is up to date on his tetanus, or give tetanus antitoxin (I think that's right) at the time of banding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts