The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You must all think I am a basket case. :p My little boys were banded yesterday night. They were all troopers. Only one whimpered a bit, but thanks to the banamine they all curled up and slept it off.

This morning, they were completely normal, albeit a bit stocky-legged. Bright-eyed, active, wanting attention and mounting each other. Band placement looks good from what I can tell. At this point, can I be somewhat confident if they aren't showing any discomfort, that I didn't catch plumbing in there?

I will continue to blu-kote them and ward off infection, I would just like to know when to stop worrying about the plumbing. :laugh: :rolleyes:

·
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, goatgirl132. :) I'm just always paranoid about my little boys peeing okay. :laugh: After reading that catching plumbing was a possibility, I was not a happy camper, ugh.

·
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't catch them all pee, that's what's so frustrating. I've been under the weather, and the little boys are just so hard to catch in the act. I caught at least one peeing, and he was fine. The other I think I caught on the tail end of it. Didn't catch him in time to see the stream, but he was still in "the pose", and was wet. He was also not acting uncomfortable.

Graphic much? ;)

·
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I know we did our best. It was just the first time we had heard of that, and we went, "Oh no! What if ..." So now I'm on double alert watching my little guys.

·
I'm watching you
22,153 Posts
24 hours does it. If you caught anything, they would be in noticable pain by now. The way you are about banding is the way I am about putting goats under. Bean needs surgery on his scurs and I keep finding reasons to put it off. *shudder*

·
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, goathiker! So good to know. Caught 3 out of 4 peeing today, and everyone's still comfortable and acting great.

Sorry about Bean! Is there a way you can use a wire saw to control the scurs, or are they really bad?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts