The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so, I have a buckling that I was planing on selling as a buck but after no interest I was thinking of banding him and selling him as a wether buddy along with my better looking buckling from this year.
So my question is, is he to old or to big to band? He will be 4 months old on the 17th of June. I think he might be about 30lb. He is a purebred Nubian, but I tiny little guy.
He is the black one in this picture standing next to a 2 month old Nubian Boer cross buckling, and this picture was taken just a few days ago. So he is 3 1/2ish months old standing next to a just about 2 month old. So ether he is tiny or the other boy is going to be really big.
I will try and get a nut pic tomorrow to show how big those are. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
4 months is a good age for pet wethers...he had plenty of growth time in the Boys department..as long as the band can get around him....he will do fine...be sure to give a tetanus antitoxin shot before banding...spray area with iodine..band then spray again...a little banamine will make it easier for him..or a baby aspirin at the very least...best wishes..both are handsome boys

·
1,384 Posts
He is a great size and age. We band at 8 to 9 weeks and some of them are well into the 50lbs at that point, We have to push one threw at a time to get the band on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts