The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just banded 3 1/2 month old Parker about 30 minuets ago. He's flinging himself onto the ground, yelling and kicking his legs then walking a step and doing it again. I've never had one act like this. Should I take it off? It's not too high or too low but he's acting like someones killing him. I hope he's just overreacting.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had one do the same thing this year. He did the spastic walking and falling over thing for a while and then just flopped over on his side and laid there like he was dead or had gone into shock or something. I almost took the band off, but I decided to leave it on and he was fine by morning. I think some of them are just more dramatic than others.

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just checked it again to make sure his penis wasn't in it since the curl in the back sets a little lower then the other goats I've done but its not. And he peed while I was there so that's all good. He's just being dramatic. I made him walk around the pen and will continue to do that throughout the day just to help things along. It's 105°F and about 30% humidity so that's not helping anything either.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Sounds like one of my wethers from last year ... this year I used banamine and just had some wimpering and soft cries, then they fell asleep and were great the next day. But I DID have a scare with the banamine! My biggest wether is my biggest baby. We gave him the banamine shot, and he keeled over, spasming, and screaming. I was horrified, thinking we hit a vein. I threw open the door to his momma, hoping that maybe the thought of milk would help him, and he hopped up, nursed, and was fine.

I was so mad at him for that scare. :laugh:

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always give him a shot of Banamine.
If I could I would but I don't have any nor access to it. He's acting a little better now. He's not flailing around just laying down and crying softly.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
awe poor baby..sounds like he is being dramatic..a baby aspirin might help..maybe a bit of extra TLC..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts