The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Winter's Rest Farm
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the fecal results back from my vet on my 2 year old, approx. 80 lb. mini-Nubian. She had a huge load of barberpole worms in her fecal. He told me to give her 1 cc of injectable invermec orally, or give her 3 cc of Valbazen. These can NOT be correct doses, from everything I am reading everywhere else. Please advice someone who knows!! She is currently milking and we are drinking the milk and giving the milk to a 3 month old doeling, so please advice on that also. Thank you!!!

·
RussellP
536 Posts
I do not want to muddy the waters here, but we could not stop the cycle of barber pole worms or liver flukes until we got the Ivomec plus and injected. 2 doses 10 days apart at 1cc per 40lbs body weight. I agree completely when guessing or rounding, do a little more. We do not milk ours, I'm sorry but I have no input as far as milk quality standards go. Good luck!

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Ivomec plus is 1 cc per40# when injected. Milk with draw depends on who you ask lol. We don't withdraw at all where fiasco farms did a 4 day I believe. Ivomec is used in humans around the world. However I do not use ivomec product injected on goats under six months. Valbazen is a better choice for kids. 1 cc per 10# orally. Best wishes.

·
Super Moderator
59,296 Posts
If you are drinking the milk, I would go with Ivomec over Valbazen then. When was the last time she was copper bolused? I would do the Ivomec but I would also copper bolus her. The copper wire particles actually kill barberpole on contact for up to 18 hours after ingestion. So then you would be giving those barberpoles a double whammy.

·
Winter's Rest Farm
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered copper last week and it should be coming in the mail tomorrow! I've only had her for 2 months, so I'm all new to this. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Its a learning adventure : ) you came to the right spot for support ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts