Barn building progress - update 11/17 last page

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by StaceyRosado, Jul 3, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Barn building progress

Now that is progress Stacey! I hope the weather holds so you can get even more done, and I can tell that your dad made a good choice by going with the T-111 plywood for siding...it holds up well , just try and keep any hay/bedding from building against the bottom outside..it will cause rot if in contact too long with wetness...you have picked a nice level area for it too, grat spot and you shouldn't have any problems with drainage...with your dad and brothers as well as yourself you should have your new barn in no time!

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

try the photobucket one -- it has more pictures

Yes it is a better spot and would you believe this.........it is a LEVEL spot :shocked: my dad didnt' even have to shim anything. we are still baffled by it

I woudl love to give you comments and such with each picture but I am beat and thinking about bed right now so the album will have to do for now.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
  5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Allison....thats funny :slapfloor: ....I don't think Prestos mommy would like that :ROFL:

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

You already have some great progress! I agree, it shouldn't take too long to finish it all up! It also appears that the goats loved "helping" you out :wink:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

great pictures, your barn will be done quick with all yall's help.

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

Oh wow- they do move. Hey If you can't send me the barn, how about lending me the builders?

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well lets see, there schedule is as follows. Finnish the barn, build new pen, start chicken coop and new chicken run. Build new deck. Fix/redo the back fence line.

So when all that is done I think they will be available in like Summer of 2009 - that work for you? :wink:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

They did a GREAT job today on the barn.

Check out our day

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn34 ... uly%204th/

Highlights were when we put the first of the walls up.

we stopped for lunch (your normal 4th of July cookout fare) and my brothers and I hung out at my brothers pond. They caught some of the tadpoles and the fish and had me take pictures. The frogs all were hiding as were the catfish so no pictures of them.

Kitten and Presto figured out how to get through the picket fencing (took picture of Presto).

The goats enjoyed all the stacked wood for another day. It was so cool watching them lay down in on and around it. I really need to build some extra stuff for them in the new pen.

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Looks like the goats had fun helping! :)

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

That's a nice building. It's going up pretty fast. Did they cement the post in? How deep did they put them in? Must be nice to have all that muscle and testosterone around!

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

no they didnt cement them in. We were able to convince my dad that cement was not needed. He put them 2 feet in the ground.

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I was not able to convince mine hahahah.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

such a bummer! lol

they had some difficulties today with the roofing. So I think they will soon be calling it a day.

17. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

Such excitement- I love building. Something new everyday then something new that feels like it's been there forever.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well they didn't end up calling it a day. They got up 6 roof trusses. I have pictures but the mother keeps bugging me to do other things :angry: (it isnt like I worked 8 hours straight!)

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Oh how exciting!!! A new barn!!! I bet you're a bit stressed with everything going on, working and being nagged. Good luck! Hope its up soon so you can enjoy it!

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I dont know what it is with my mom, any help from moms out there is great - if I am home all day and help and work with everyone she is great. But if I work my butt off at work (8+ hours) and then come home and work some more mind you, she is on me every moment I sit down to rest! I understand I wasn't home all day to help everyone but I DID let her know this before they even started the project just in case they wanted to hold off till I was home more. I even offered to take off work but they said no. So what was I suppose to do today? be in two places at once :GAAH: I am trying to please her but really I am exhausted from my day at work (I cut 24 heads of hair today! brought in 335.00 and made 92.00 in tips)

:help: