Barn Cameras

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RunAround, May 29, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If you have one what kind do you use? I'm looking into getting one now that the barn will be at my house!!! :cool:

2. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    I use bullet security, hi res cameras. I dislike wireless (very poor resolution!), so we wire it underground into the whole house system. Ah, the benefits of being married to an A/V man :shades:

Expect to pay no less than $100 for a good one.

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I have to agree with the wireless...didn't work here...so I'll get one of the wired ones soon. Check e-bay, they have some good deals.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have to disagree with the wireless statement. I LOVE mine. It is as if I am in the barn with them. (I have to go get mine from Cinder).

I will have to look and see what I have when I get it but get one that has Night Vision. I got mine off Ebay and they were great. They answered all my question before I bought it.

Now the problem with the wireless is, you have to be within I would say 300 feet, and you can not go thou a lot of buildings. I know Cinder could not get a good look with my camera because she has to go thou I believe metal and that will not work. Make sure the receiver is at the window closest to the barn.

5. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :greengrin: That was MY point exactly! A lot of hoops to jump through and criteria to meet with the wireless. I suppose for some with all those criterion met, they're great...LOL

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Mine is a security camera too with infrared. It also is not wireless. Our doe barn is about 150 feet I guess from the house so the wire is just suspended in the air right now from the house to the barn. The camera cord is not that long so we use a VCR in the barn with a regular RCA cable up to the house. That is relatively cheap should it need to be replaced eventually.

7. capi71

capi71 New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jasper, Georgia
    I have a wireless. We bought the expensive one (from Home Depot) because running cables was not an option. It has the infared and works great until you turn the microwave on. LOL! Next time we will go with the inground type, but for now we are very happy. :wink:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I tried home depot and radio shack, but nothing! :hair:

So I went with a wireless one from Av tech. Wired is just not an option here. It's got color, sound and infrared.

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    wahoo! I got my camera and it works good! It's got sound, color, and b/w with infrared for night time. :cool:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sounds great Ashley....but I betcha that since your goats are with you, you'll be more readily available when you "see" something going on!