Barn Fire - Total Loss

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by jduwall, Feb 20, 2011.

1. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    How can I possible thank you all for all your kind words and thoughts. Yesterday is over. that was the worst....eveyone is resting peacefully together now...Fire Marshall said it was the heat lamp...one of the goats must have chewed cord or know if off......PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR HEAT LAMPS...

I have not decided what to do yet. We will have to see if the insurance will cover it. I can't imagine not having goats in my life....they were my peace...The barn was my favorite place to be..

The guilt I feel for my girls os overwhelming, it was my reponsibility to care for them....how do I forgive myself....I miss them so much......God keep me strong.

I am sure everyday will get better....knowing you all are there means more to me than you can know...thank you

2. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    It wasn't your fault.You can't predict this sort of thing. :hug: Hang in there hun

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    There are always the shoulda, coulda, woulda's.....I know how hard it is not to feel guilty and beat yourself up.......but things just happen even when we have taken every precaution.... I about made myself sick when I loss Murphy in Dec, I beat myself up one side and down the other......I still have days where the guilt overwhelms me. Give yourself time to mourn.....over time the pain will get better....you will never forget them and you will forever carry them in you heart and memories. Allow yourself to have some really good crying sessions, it helps..... Many hugs and caring thoughts coming your way.

4. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Keeping you in my prayers. I understand when you say your girls were your peace and the barn was your favorite place to be... I work a "real" job Monday through Friday, but my goaties keep me sane. Blessings and Peace to you. :hug:

5. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im so sorry for the loss you have went through.

6. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Oh I am so so so sorry. :'( I can't even imagine. :hug:

7. goatmama2

goatmama2 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Upstate New York
    So terribly sorry for your loss, and hope you will find a way to move forward. Each one of our "boys and girls" holds a special place in our hearts, and always will. My thoughts are with you.

8. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Hello everyone..Things are a little better today, yesterday was really hard..1st full day back at my office and I always look forward to driving home and hearing the goaties call to me....

It is just overwhelming how many people have been there for me..I am so touched....It helps so much...Thank you all...We are still waiting to hear from the insurance company but I am now praying they will cover the loss...It is just too quiet without my girls...

Thank you all so much.....I can feel all the positive energy and prayers....

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am glad things are a bit better for you.....I am sure it will take time....since your loss, I worry about my barn constantly....we use a heat lamp also, I check it everytime I go out to barn.... Hope all works out and you can soon look forward to bringing home some new girls....Good thoughts and prayers still coming your way :hug: !