Barn Pics

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by turtlebutte goats, Jan 19, 2009.

1. turtlebutte goats

turtlebutte goats New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I would like to see pictures of other barn set-ups. Pens, walkways, hay mangers, waterers, mineral feeders, etc... I always enjoy looking at the pics posted of theses types of things. Where I am, there are not alot of goats, so I have learned some from looking at other peoples pictures. Really, anything helps when there is no one around to tell you if this set up is better than that set up. Thanks!

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, everyone is different and all of our set-ups will vary greatly. I'll try to get some pics later today of our set-up at home.

At home, we have an 8x12 barn, 10x12 hay storage on the side of the barn, a 10x20 shelter that has no sides, and a 4x6 little white shelter underneath the shelter. This is for about 6 mini-goats. Took us a while to get it to where we're happy but we are now and the goats are too! :D

At the farm, there is barn with a lean-2 that is 20x12 altogether - also an 8x10 shelter for the buck(s).

Have you been able to take a look at the "Barnyard Bonanza" here on TGS. Lots of great info there!

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    The wide end of our barn taken from the hayloft:

[​IMG]

The wide end of the barn taken from the narrow end (beside the feed & tool stores):

[​IMG]

The narrow end where the goats are... sorry Isa's in the way :greengrin: :

[​IMG]

plan of barn:

[​IMG]

plan of barn and outside area:

[​IMG]