The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having lots of odd things happening at my barn. One might all my goats goat out of their pen. I lock those up very good and put a couple cinder blocks down so the gate can't open. One night all my towels were shredded up. Last night the gate was completely off the hinges! I'm looking to get a camera so I can watch from my phone or computer. I am about 2 miles from my barn since I keep my goats at a family friends house right now. Also I can use the camera for kidding. What do y'all use/suggest?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lots of thoughts here ...

First, have you had any trouble with animal rights people? Not the average person concerned for the welfare of your animals but the rank terror types?

Do you have people who would use your barn at night for sleeping while hiding from border agents? This did happen to my neighbors down the road. Their girls went out to feed and water their goats one morning to find a barn full of illegals sleeping in the barn and their goats running loose.

What about raccoons or bears? Over the years I've had former problems with both wild animals, plus most others also. Having skunk troubles right now. Raccoons can and do open just about any kind of locks that a small child can open.

The camera is what you need along with a LSGD. Any chance you can park somewhere close and watch overnight to see what the heck is going on.

Around our area people are stealing all types of livestock ... never to be seen again. So, I would really watch closely.

Good luck and please keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No we don't have any crazy people or illegals. Skunks and raccoons are a possibility but we haven't seen one in a while. They used to leave evidence of coming around but nothing recently or in the past couple months. Just thought it was very odd but I'm looking into cameras

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well I don't find my animals loose but something is going into my rabbit pen and eats all their food and drinks all their water but doesn't touch anything else in the barn. I set a hav a heart trap but so far no luck. I was thinking about setting up a trail cam to see what the heck it is... Good luck with your animals.

·
1,120 Posts
I don't know if a regular camera would work since you would have to have it connected to wifi but maybe a game camera that records when the motion sensor goes off would work. I know it wouldn't help when kidding but it might give you a clue with whats going on around the barn

·
1,120 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.