·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there. :wave: Welcome to TGS! Not into barrel racing, but I do train, ride, and "occasionally" breed APHA paint horses.
Cool

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I like to barrel race too! My fastest time was 5 minutes and 30 seconds! No, I'm kidding. :) I do train, ride and love horses, but I'm not into barrel racing for competition, just occasional fun!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like to barrel race too! My fastest time was 5 minutes and 30 seconds! No, I'm kidding. :) I do train, ride and love horses, but I'm not into barrel racing for competition, just occasional fun!
that cool I have pretty good times when I run

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I used to run 'barrels' for fun after my pleasure/equitation lessons :) we would have gymkhanas for fun and pole bending, barrels, sit-a-buck, and quad wrangle were some of my favorites :) even if I wasn't the best at them lol!

I miss riding a lot.. :( and I really miss the horses.. :(

Some of my ribbons from our gymkhanas/schooling shows :)

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes I have plenty of ribbons from different events I also have trophies to.:D

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I never really competed.. Just for fun at little events my barn put on.. And I would be 'thrown in' classes that needed an extra so I enjoyed that lol!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool my times are pretty good when I run;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
So much fun! My old guy is 27 and retired now, but he put me in the money a good amount of times. I've had him for 16 years. Now I ride horses my neighbor gets in, to make sure they're safe, or to road train them. Miss running the circuit though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ran high school rodeo for years and have just last year retired my all around horse she's 25. We hadn't ran much the last two years on the account he has a bad heart murmor but last January I bought me a paint filly I'm breaking and gonna train to turn n burn for me. Don't know if she's gonna turn out to be what I need but if she isn't I'll find another one this winter n sell her she's really cute just a little small has a good motor tho

Attachments

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
My daughter is really into showing. She loves the barrels most of all. We're working with a new horse this year that is a green 5 yr old. Think she'll have a fantastic horse in a couple years. Cowgirl is athletic enough to start placing once she's solid.... For some reason I can't post attachments or I'd post a fantastic pic from this last year when Lizzie was riding our old guy (her mare was having some issues....wanted to buck instead of work) and he was at just the right place in his stride that when they came around the last barrel and she let up on the rains and told him to go....he did!! The pic shows him leaping forward and the surprise on her face is hilarious....she's now yelling WHOA!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't do barrel racing those people and horses et into the same routine and get crazy! If they break it like wacko crazy if I were you I would try reining or cutting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts