The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all do I need to be teaching my new doeling?

So far I take her out and walk her around a little each day,and brush her,and she doesnt mind her belly,ears,and udder area touched. Hopefully that helps when she kids. Im glad she doesnt kick when I handle her feet or lay down when I lead her,at least she hasn't so far...

Also,shes still not overly friendly,but getting better,I expect she will get friendlier,but are dam raised kids always less friendly/tame?

·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and what all will I need?

- white shirt (short sleeves ok?)
- white pants or are jeans ok,probably for my fair

I hoped to get to watch a show before then but looks like thats not going to happen,so are there any good videos online of how to show?

Im glad Kissy's being more friendly now. :) She jumps up on her stall when she hears my coming and starts baaing. lol Or if Im standing there,and she's started walking up to me when I let her out of her stall,and I can catch her outside now to.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I know of some boer prepare for show type videos but I don't do dairy so I can't help you with any videos that would apply to you.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I found a video of people showing Lamanchas that might help:

The Boer ones are more lecture type deals than demonstrations:
Here is a clip of an actual show:

It is a wether class though and some kids are bracing which you don't do with bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts