The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I am very new to goats and had a baby die from cocci. I asked everyone on here what to use to help them from getting it. Most said baycox I ordered it and gave it on Tuesday and tonight she has diarrhea. Can she get it even after giving baycox and can I give it to her again. Thanks

·
920 Posts
Are you bottle feeding? If you are you could be over feeding or she could have a bacterial stomach infection (I had it happen).

If not then try the baycox again a week later.
Like mentioned give probios, electrolytes and scour stop. B complex won't hurt

Baycox dose 1cc per 5lbs

·
Super Moderator
31,759 Posts
when a goat has the runs its good to take them off grain and feed hay only...its hard for tummy to digest...you can give her 3-4 cc pepto for the runs..
iifyou gave a dose of baycox tuesday, I would wait ten days for a second dose..like what was said already..it works...
has she been wormed with rgualr wormer? if so what did you use and how long ago?
is she on graze? hows the weather wher you are at?
any changes in diet other than the baycox?

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,251 Posts
She was "on the verge" of having the runny pooh and you gave the Baycox, just a coincidence. She will be ok soon. I have given 2 doses of Baycox before...usually when they are already sick when I give the 1st dose. And, I don't wait the full 10 days, if they are still actively scouring after 4-5 days, I give the 2nd dose. Most of the time I give it at 3 weeks, and then I usually don't need to give it again. It is 1ml/5lbs, and I DO NOT under dose. Weigh the kid if you don't feel confident with a "guestimation".

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.