Baycox replacement??

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by Buck Naked Boers, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Buck Naked Boers

Buck Naked Boers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
  2. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Since baycox is illegal in the USA, they have to import it from other countries. The company Aranda seems legit as far as I can tell, but is the middleman (the website)? Who knows.

Aranda IS Mexico/South American based, but they aren’t the ones selling this product. Therefore, it would be hard to guarantee any support or refunds. You could always try it and take fecals before administering and 10 days later.

I am hoping to hear from someone that has not only used this product but also purchased it from this website.

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    @SalteyLove y used powder toltrazuril. Hopefully she can share how it worked for her.

toth boer goats likes this.
  4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Why not go for Marquis horse paste?

5. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    I ordered some. It arrived within a week and has worked in my herd quite well.

6. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Lottsgoats you ordered the Zuricox 5%??

7. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    I don’t want to get powder cause I don’t want to have to mess with mixing issues.

Just my preference.

8. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Supposedly other people have had good experiences with this zuricox product.

9. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    What did your order?

10. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Lottsagoats??? What did you order?

I did order the zuricox. So I will let you all know how long it takes to receive and if it works well. Our cocci numbers did come down with using corid. But there are a few we need to treat again according to our numbers. Most are doing great tho.

11. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I still don't care for the Toltrazuril powder. I just don't feel confident that the correct strength is being achieved with the difficulty to dissolve the product. However, with that said, I used it on the entire kid crop this year in combination with medicated creep feed and had zero cases of coccidia in 22 kids. Also used on some kittens as precautionary, not scouring but came from unsanitary living conditions and they are packing weight on.

12. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Price.

13. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Wow Katey that’s cool that the powder worked! That’s good to know. But yes that’s not my preference having to deal with powder either.

My daughter saw this stuff online. Zuricox and people said it’s working good. So we are trying it.

Sfgwife: I know you want to know horse paste price. I didn’t buy horse paste.

Zuricox costs I think a little over 50.00 with shipping. Product was 45.00. So I didn’t think that was bad due to the fact baycox used to cost around that amount.

Update:

Ok a update: I purchased online I believe last Thur or Fri. And I just got confirmation that they are shipping it from San Diego. It will arrive here Thursday. So I think they are shipping priority mail which is great!

That’s pretty quick shipping.

Will let you know if product works for us. Will retest 2-3 wk from Friday when we dose them.

Sfgwife and SalteyLove like this.
  14. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Sfgwife was responding to the comment about using Marquis instead. She was saying Marquis is priced very high. It's also Rx only.

Sfgwife likes this.
  15. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Sorry i was replying to someone else talking about why not the marquis. ;). Price is the big thing with that one. It is EXPENSIVE. ;/.

16. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Yep this. ;). My vet would probably do it for me but eep. Also i am glad to hear your results with the tolt powder! I just dosed mine with it. I mixed it as well as i could and let it sit for a few days thinking maybe it would soak up some of the liquid but nope. So i shook it and drew it up immediately after that. I jist need get a bottle of already mixed liquid for next time i think.

17. Buck Naked Boers

Oct 14, 2012
    Oregon
    No worries. Yes I thought she was talking about horse paste. But I was also just sharing cost on the Zuricox in case anyone wanted to know that.