Baycox

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by KW Farms, Sep 6, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Anyone heard of it? I keep hearing about baycox for cocci treatment, but have never tried it. I'm also not sure where to get it. Sounds like pretty good stuff. Anyone try it or know where to get it? :shrug:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup I used it this year and love it!! I have some info I can pass onto you -- cheepest a friend foudn it was through a company in australia. YOu can use paypal so thats real nice. it comes out to a little over 80.00 for the small bottle but with only needing 1 dose per goat it goes a long way.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh great! When you get a chance can you send a website? link or contact info. for the carriers? I have been looking and can't seem to find anyone that carries it. So it kills all cocci with one dose?

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes it kills all stages of cocci with just one dose. I will send you the info I have

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow sounds like a good deal, will its be in America eventually?

I heard somewhere that this new wormer in NZ wont be used ever in US because of resistancy issues

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh its in America -- a friend did some research and found it cheeper even with shipping from Australia so thats where i purchased it

let me know if you want the info

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hey Stacey, could I please have the information. This sounds like exactly what we could use at the farm should there be any cocci problems.

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Stacey, would you mind sending me the infomation for the baycox. We had a really bad time with it last season. I would love to have this on hand before kidding starts here.

Thanks

9. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Well . . . monthly fecal reveals that my one 6-7 month old doe has coccidia AGAIN, and a heavy load to boot. She has been treated several times, first with Corid, then with Sulmet following all of the dosing instructions here. After reading about the Baycox, I am hoping this is the answer for her, but I need to order it ASAP.

To any of you that have the ordering info for Baycox, could you PM me with that info as soon as you can?

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Me too, me too, thank you Stacey

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am not ignoring you kids-n-peeps I just cant find the info :shrug: I am going to be late for work if I look again today so I can't

Just do some searching on your on if you need it ASAP I just cant

12. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    I know you aren't ignoring me :) I figured you were busy, but I thought I remembered someone else on here having said they bought it or were thinking of buying it.

I have been looking it up, but I am finding it in different % strengths or labeled for specific animals (chickens and pigs). I just want to make sure I am buying the "right" thing - or, at least, what some of you have used on goats successfully :wink:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have the pig kind.

let me see if I can find an PM I sent to someone else and then I will post the link here

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ok this is what I got but it was less expensive -- not sure why it went up in price like 20.00 AU but not much I can do about that.

Remember thats AU not US Dollars

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/BAYCXP

15. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you Stacey :clap: I hope you aren't late for work . . .

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I wasnt late for work but I just realized I forgot I was to meet the ferrier at the the farm at 8 this morning :doh:

I feel like my brain isn't screwed into my skull :hair:

17. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Peeps, if you were dosing Corid and Sulmet at the amounts commonly posted (ie Sulmet at 1ml/five pounds lst day), it might be too weak to kick out the more stubborn cocci strains. The past two years I had a terrible time with this as my springs were unusually wet. Once I dosed Sulmet at at least twice the suggested strength AND did not halve it after the first day, it cleared up.
    You may also want to try Di-Meth, as breeder friends have reported great success with this.

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I agree, my vet told me to double the dose. :thumb:

19. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
  20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007