The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vet gave me Baytril for a goat cough. Dose per lb? How often?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the second time we’re treating him for a cough. The first antibiotics did not work. That’s probably why she pulled out the stronger one

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, things got crazy around here. The first he got was Draxxin. 2 shots spaced 1 week apart. I think .5cc for a 50 lb goat.

·
Super Moderator
32,265 Posts
Has a fecal been pulled to check for lung worm?
Draxxin is great for hitting the lungs..baytril is not the antibiotic I would choose either for a simple cough. If the goat doesn't run a fever or act unwell other wise...I would have that fecal done.
Meadowmistlabs.com are good and really reasonably priced. $6 for regular fecal which includes coccidia check and $6 additionally to add lingqorm test which is done differently.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had fecals on them, and treated for cocci and tapeworm, and asked for a check on lungworm, but my vet insists lungworm just isn't an issue around here. I bought the buck from a different area, though... I'll look into meadowmistlabs. that's cheaper than my vet's fecal checks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@happybleats Is this the lab:

·
Super Moderator
32,265 Posts
Yes...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I'll try sending a sample to them and see if we can get some answers whenever the boys decide to poop in my presence. They're constantly little poop machines until I want a sample from them, and then they can hold it for hours! haha

·
Super Moderator
32,265 Posts
Yup..once you need to collect..all bets are off lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts