Been gone for a bit, but back

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW it seems like forever that I was on here.

My dad got really sick and I spent several days in the hospital with him, then I had to try to get ready to leave for my son's wedding in CA. well, I got really sick and tried to work, but I could not even do that, I went home sick last Monday and Tuesday, and we had to go to my sisters on Tuesday to fly early on Wednesday. OH Heavens, have you flown when you are sick and feel like poo? WOW I thought my head and ears were going to explode.

We got yo CA and my son got us, took us to the hotel, then to get the car and I went back to the hotel and wanted to die. I slept for days. (not what you want to do on vacation :GAAH: ).

Well while we were gone two of my does kidded and had twins both did.

I was able to get up and take my daughter in law to the store to purchase things for the wedding, poor girl her family would not help one bit with this, if I had not gone and helped her she would not of even had a bouquet. I bought a bunch of flowers and made her and her Brides maid a bouquet.

The wedding was very simple but very beautiful, and I have a beautiful Daughter in law. She was shocked when I told her I was paying for everything. She wanted a unity candle and so we went looking for one she liked. Her own mother showed up about 20 minutes before the wedding started and that was it. My daughter and I got all the bouquets done, then went to the place to decorate. I bought a few things, it was simple but beautiful like I said.

To top it all off. Her parents are divorced (ok, no big deal), but do you think they could purchase them a wedding gift? No! the only gifts that were brought to this was the 7 that we brought and the one from his best man. Poor kids, just starting out, and they have nothing. I did get up one day and made them my sons favorite dinner, but in order to do that I had to wrap the electric skillet and have them unwrap it so I could use it. (I know tacky but hey they got it).

SO, that is why I have not been around muck, and I am still so sick.

2. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Sweetgoats, you are a good mommy :) I hope you start feeling better and can start to unwind from all of the stress!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow...sounds like... you have had a rough go at it...I pray... that all gets better for you... and the family... Get well soon... :hug: :pray:

What a good momma you are... :hug:

Here's to a happy Marriage ......................to the new couple... :cheers:

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Very good mommy :D Welcome back! Feel better soon!

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Wow, what a trip. I am so sorry you were (are) so sick! Feel better soon!

What a sweet person you are to help with the wedding, and bring gifts!!!

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Wow Lori I wondered where you were, you certainly have had your plate full. Lord put you on my heart.

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Lori.....Your a great Mom and Mom-in-law! Glad your feeling better and yes, I know what it's like to fly when not feeling well.....it's just awful!

Congrats on the new babies!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Back Lori! Wow...what a wonderful mom you are, I bet your new DIL loves you even more.

Sorry you could not enjoy the occassion the way you wanted to...hope you are feeling better!

9. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

oh wow, lori. What a time you had!
    You were really wonderful paying for everything. :hug:

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Wow! That's a lot to deal with at once! Glad to have you back--hope you get feeling better too!

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what a wonderful MIL you are :hug: