beet pulp

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ilroost, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ilroost

ilroost New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    my pygmies love this stuff. Any one else feed this to thier goats ?
  2. kuiltin_kelly

kuiltin_kelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    North central WI
    Yup, I feed it kinda heavy in late summer and early fall to fatten the girls up for the winter. I slowly cut back on it tho as they get farther into their pregnacies so that the kids aren't over growing and get to big that they have hard deliveries. I resume feeding it after they kid, cuz it helps to keep them at peak proformance and they don't lose weight when they are nursing kids. I don't know if thats right, but thats what my goat guru does and seems to work well for her, so I started doing it that way a few yrs ago.

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    i feed it to my milkers as a top dressing when i am milking them. i also give it to them after they are about three months along
  4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I feed beet pulp all winter to my goats. Its a filler and another source of roughage. Alfafa hay is so expensive here and not all that impressive my girls pick through it. so i feed local grass hay and alfafa pellets. The beet pulp is another food the girls love.
    You have to be carful feeding it to kids has lots of dugar in it.

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    i don't feed it to my kids,drys or bucks. my does love it. when i have one that is off it's feed some i mix a little in & they gobble it right up
  6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I mix it in my feed all year long. They love it. The only ones that eat around it every once in a while are my pygmies, sometimes they leave some of it. My Alpines eat all of it all the time.
  7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I use to give it to the goats but the BP got extremely dusty. Not sure if Rural King changed brands or not. I use to feed it to the horses to so thats why the goats got it. Now that we got this bag that is extremely dusty I am not wasting any more money on the stuff. I'm changing my horses over to a different feed.
  8. alpinemom

alpinemom New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Waldoboro, ME
    I feed it all year round to Milkers and kids with no problems. They love it, and it cuts back on hay. I buy the shreds with molasses