The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wanted to share with all of y'all a before and after photo of my 2.5 year old buck. He is 100% Boer Goat but is not registered so considered a Commercial. Anyway.. I am not posting to bash his past owners just want everyone to know and see that a little tlc can go a long ways in an animal.
We picked him up knowing about his current conditions. He had extreme hair loss, dry, flaky skin and was 75lbs under weight.
I wanted him cause I saw potential in him and the kids he produced and I had a place to quarantine him until I figured out what was going on with his skin. I thought he had either lice, mange or got infected by another animal he was with. We got him home and changed his diet completely. We gave him an herbal - garlic,oil and water mixture 10ccs three times a day. Aloe juice twice a day and put DE on him once every week for 2 weeks. We put him on a goat pelleted grain 17% and mixed in black sunflower seeds and he got started with a pound of that twice a day.
I've had him an entire month and you can see the huge difference in his over all appearance. I personally can just see a huge difference in him in general. He is a sweet buck and we still have a ways to go with his overall weight but id say I got blessed with him. He doesn't look like the same buck at all. Super excited on how well he did on no meds, no chemicals nothing of that sort for a month. I am just thrilled with results staying natural and chemical free. I've been doing things this way for 4 years now and this is the first I've seen drastic results/changes in one of my goats.
Ive posted photos of him before and after shots. The dark on his white body is some of his pigmentation BUT most of it is from the DE I dusted on him. So if that was not there it would be mostly pink skin showing. I did trim his neck and hind legs up a bit to blend in with his new hair growth.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,448 Posts
wow he looks great now..congrats on your treatment....anytime we can do that with out chemicals is always a blessing..: )

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow! That's a huge difference in just one month! Good job!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. The above photos are of the same time. So the awful photos of him are from a month ago and the nice pretty ones of him are from yesterday. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh Nacy D - the Garlic was used for his Rumen and his slight cold he had. So my mixture of dry spices and herbs was just minerals and vitamins for him.I just mixed all together and syringed it in him for the entire month part three times per day and the rest of the month for twice a day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that's amazing! He looks like a completely different buck!
I know! I am just so surprised that I did not call my vet nor use any type of chemical meds to get him to this point. Yes our grain we are using is the medicated kind for goats. BUT other then that it was all natural and herbal. :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I am very impressed, and must say a little proud. Proud of people like you who pour their heart into bringing their animals to top health. :thumb:

·
967 Posts
Wow, definitely amazing, you should be really proud! He looks great. Natural remedies can go a LONG way if you know how to use them right and are consistant!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
WOWOWOWOWOW
That is soooo exciting!!! AMAZING
I am hoping that my 2 wetherlings coats change with the addition of a few items as well. You sure have given me hope. Thanks

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
You did a wonderful job, he looks a million times better! I'm proud of the people out there that care enough to help animals in such a condition he was in, good job! He looks amazing, he looked pretty rough in the beginning.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
He looks so happy. Look at him smiling, just peeing away in the grass :love: Super super super SUPER good job! What a handsome guy he is :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts