Before and after, and a big thank you to all of you!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WarPony, Jun 29, 2010.

1. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    So, I wanted to give you guys all an update on my Mini LaMancha that I got for free just because my daughter and I felt sorry for him. I followed all of your advice, and I wanted to show you before and after pictures.

These were in march when I brought him home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these are him this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just wanted to tell you all thanks so much for the advice, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with him without all of you guys helping me, and I am sure he is grateful too!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Wowsers! GREAT job!! He looks awesome now :)

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    WOW! very nice transformation there. :shocked: he looks soo much healthier and happier

so what did you do? :)

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wonderful job! He looks happy and healthy....and sooooo SHINY! :clap:

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    He's so handsome!

7. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

WOW you really worked wonders on him great job

8. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I basically took EVERY suggestion you guys gave me, haha!!

The lady i got him from had trimmed his feet (I would bet they had never been trimmed before she got him, and even trimmed they were all bent over and twisty. They have JUST now grow out to where all of the bent over part is gone), wormed him, and started feeding him properly. Then when she said i could have him we gave him BoSe and C/D-T... then when I got him home i wormed him, gave him a copper bolus, dusted him with D/E and dosed him with Ivomec pour on for his skin problems, gave him several doses of probiotics, got free choice goat minerals in front of him, I had him on the Noble Goat feed with the meds for coccy-whatever for two months, and once a week for the first month or two i gave him some nutri-drench. I also brushed him a LOT to get all the scurffy dandruffy stuff loose and out of his hair, and to get all that nasty red hair shed out. I did give him another copper bolus at one point because he hit a plateau and wasn't getting much better as far as skin and hair coat. For the last month or two he has just been kept up to date on the same stuff the girls get... minerals, hay/browse, and lots love.

He was just so unattractive when I brought him home, and now he is so handsome... for a goat with no ears anyway, lol.

9. LuvmyGoaties

LuvmyGoaties Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Man, he looks like a differnet goat. Great job. He must think he died and went to heaven. :wink:

Jen

10. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    That's amazing! Very, very nice work! :thumbup:

11. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    He does. Though he may not think so this winter when I have him wethered. :laugh: He only gets one fall full of romance with the ladies and then it's over for his days of passion. :eek:hlala: After that he gets to be a very loved and pampered pet and possible companion for my future meat breed buck. He is a real people lover and I think in the long run he will be happier as a wether. He is going to be very sad when he is rutting and doesn't get the same kind of handling he gets now in his not so stinky state.

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He looks so much better. Good work!!

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, it is amazing what a little love and food will do. The lord sure new what he was doing when he brought the two of you together. Congratulations.

14. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow he looks GREAT!!!! Congrats!!! Doesn't it feel soooo good to know you were able to help him? I bet so! He sounds like a really nice boy to be around, again Congrats! :)

15. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    You know that he knows you helped him... you did a great job and not only saved him, you have a buddy for life :laugh:

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You should be very proud..... great job... :thumb: ....and he is sure a looker... :wink: :love:

17. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    He looks amazing! You did a really great job with him. I'm sure he's very very thankful to have you in his life :)

18. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    He is a really sweet boy, even though my girl Rosemary is the one i consider the prettiest of my goats he is still my favorite just on his personality. But he was even like that with the people he was bred by (who let him get into that condition in the first place). And when I removed his scurs he was mad for about 3 minutes and then was right back to his loving old self in no time. No matter what you do to him he just gets over it and wants to be with people. I'm going to have a lot of fun with him once he is wethered. Not that I don't enjoy him now but he finally started getting bucky and he just LOVES to pee on my feet and ankles now, lol.

I'm kind of surprised by how focused he is on people since he was dam raised not bottle raised, and didn;t get much handling as a baby.