Before and After!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by RowdyKidz, Aug 23, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Here's a picture of Josie right after we got her on May 23rd.

[attachment=1:1th0jorc]JosieB4.jpg[/attachment:1th0jorc]

And this picture was taken on August 9.

[attachment=0:1th0jorc]JosieAfter.jpg[/attachment:1th0jorc]

I, myself, prefer the caramels to the agouties, but seeing Josie now...I have quite like blacks. :greengrin: She has come a far way and I am hoping she will produce babies just as beautiful as she is. I am so very glad that I took a chance on her! It has really paid off IMO! This girl will have a home here even after she is retired. :)

Attached Files:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Her coat looks absolutely wonderful and she looks great - did you just change her feed or what did you do with her???

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks! :) The girl we got her from had her own feed mixed with molasses and sunflower seeds and things along that nature, but I changed her over to our own feed. And she was getting alfalfa I believe and she now gets grass. But I do believe now, looking back, that when we got her she had a bit of a copper defiency.

And we basically have her some TLC. Before she HATED people touching her now she'll jump on the gate wanting attention. And was wild on the lease. But I have worked all summer with her and she is probably my best behaved goat. :) She really has come full circle.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is awesome - congrats!

5. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Pretty doe!

Sometimes just a change in minerals will go a LONG way. Since she had the rust color on her back legs I would agree that the cooper was off - it is amaizing what a difference even one mineral can make!

She looks good!

Deidre

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a pretty girl!! You have done a WONDERFUL job with her care....it really shows! Not only in her coat but in those very bright eyes :thumbup:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    What a beautiful coat! She looks great! :thumb:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You did an awesome job.....she looks great... :greengrin: :thumbup:

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

What a difference! I agree with the copper theoryif you look at the first picture she had a bit of a fish tail going on.
    beth

11. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    :thumb: That is a wonderful transformation. You both did a good. Thanks for sharing this.
    Suellen

12. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You've done a great job with her!!

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! Wednesday and Friday I'll show at my fair so I can see what the judges think of her! Even my mentor who raised her thought she looked awesome. :)