Before and After!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by RowdyKidz, Aug 23, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Here's a picture of Josie right after we got her on May 23rd.

[attachment=1:1th0jorc]JosieB4.jpg[/attachment:1th0jorc]

And this picture was taken on August 9.

[attachment=0:1th0jorc]JosieAfter.jpg[/attachment:1th0jorc]

I, myself, prefer the caramels to the agouties, but seeing Josie now...I have quite like blacks. :greengrin: She has come a far way and I am hoping she will produce babies just as beautiful as she is. I am so very glad that I took a chance on her! It has really paid off IMO! This girl will have a home here even after she is retired. :)

Attached Files:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Her coat looks absolutely wonderful and she looks great - did you just change her feed or what did you do with her???

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks! :) The girl we got her from had her own feed mixed with molasses and sunflower seeds and things along that nature, but I changed her over to our own feed. And she was getting alfalfa I believe and she now gets grass. But I do believe now, looking back, that when we got her she had a bit of a copper defiency.

And we basically have her some TLC. Before she HATED people touching her now she'll jump on the gate wanting attention. And was wild on the lease. But I have worked all summer with her and she is probably my best behaved goat. :) She really has come full circle.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is awesome - congrats!

5. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Pretty doe!

Sometimes just a change in minerals will go a LONG way. Since she had the rust color on her back legs I would agree that the cooper was off - it is amaizing what a difference even one mineral can make!

She looks good!

Deidre

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a pretty girl!! You have done a WONDERFUL job with her care....it really shows! Not only in her coat but in those very bright eyes :thumbup:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    What a beautiful coat! She looks great! :thumb:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You did an awesome job.....she looks great... :greengrin: :thumbup:

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

What a difference! I agree with the copper theoryif you look at the first picture she had a bit of a fish tail going on.
    beth

11. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    :thumb: That is a wonderful transformation. You both did a good. Thanks for sharing this.
    Suellen

12. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You've done a great job with her!!

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! Wednesday and Friday I'll show at my fair so I can see what the judges think of her! Even my mentor who raised her thought she looked awesome. :)