Before and After

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Dec 10, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Can I see pics of before an after?? just a fun lil thing

Before & After:
    hoof trims, show clipping, horn removal, aging, new minerals/feed. FF and later freshenings.

:)

2. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Oooh, fun! I will add to this tomorrow when it isn't past midnight and I can keep my eyes open!

3. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Hi Katrina! It's not going to be till spring until I have a good ff/sf pic but it will be fun to post it when I do...I wish I had before and after pics of my dog though. After a couple months on a flax supplement, he is beautiful! His hair was sooo hard to keep up with :hair: and was always matted and now I want to take him out in public again!

4. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I know I have shown these before, but here are before and after pictures of my "second hand rescue*" buck, Parsley:

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one shows how really red he was...
    [​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Someone else rescued him and started his rehabilitation... so the before picture isn't even the worst his condition was, that was a month or two into rehab!!

edit to add: the after pics were after several good dewormings, copper bolus, free choice minerals, lots of good food, treating for external parasites, lots of work to fix his feet (still working on THAT, since they were warped all out of shape when I got him and it is taking time to get them looking even close to normal) and several hours of grooming to get the crusty scabs and thick falkey dandruffy type scurf off of him.

5. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    WOW, that is incredible! You did an EXCELLENT job restoring that ole boy! Nice work.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    that IS incredible. you did an amazing job with Parsley!!! :thumb:

Bleating hearts- yeah my goldie has always had a hard to manage coat too, I really kept up on it this year and she looks brand new, though I don't know why the hair on her feet grow SO FAST ..LOL

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I remember those pics of Parsley and think you have done a WONDERFUL job with him! Amazing what love, and some care can do :)

The only before/after rescue I did we sold over the summer because she was too dominant, and I can only tolerate one dominant female...hehe... But she looked soooo good when I sold her. She had the severe hoof rot so bad half of her foot was gone inside, when I sold her she was one more trim away from having perfect feet :wink:

I guess Summer is our biggest change because she is our baby.

Here she was at birth, about 5 minutes old, she was standing up and discovered her twin, they were talking back and forth for the first time, it was sooo adorable, a priceless moment.
    [​IMG]

I posted this in the photo section, but here's Summer and her mama yesterday in the snow
    [​IMG]

She is sooooo fuzzy, I love it hehe

8. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I couldn't have done it without all the advice I got here. And it helps that he is just such a good boy.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
  10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Also here's one for my 'lil' Gertrude

2 months old
    [​IMG]

4 months old
    [​IMG]

Promising? :p
    [​IMG]

I think so, Gertie's yearling, first fresh udder
    [​IMG]

From then on, she refused to show how pretty she is, as a milking yearling, appraised 88VVEV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second freshening udder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second freshening, appraising 90VEEE as a two year old! My first homebred 90!
    [​IMG]

No 3 year old pics, sorry :(

Enjoy! :D

11. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Before dehorning by banding:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Her horns:

[​IMG]

12. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Yay! So fun! I have a few....

Banshee, when I got her:

[​IMG]

I know that growing youngsters get higher in the rear, and then catch up, but this girl was seriously stunted. This is he at 8 months.

This is her after only one month of proper feed, minerals, and some nutritional therapy:

[​IMG]

She doubled in size in just one month and her front end stopped looking shrunken. And I am talking about it's size and width, not its height.

This is the rear legs of a selenium deficient doe when I got her:

[​IMG]

And one month later with proper care:

[​IMG]

She still has a ways to go, but looks a lot better.

Now for some shots of babies growing:

Dutch (now belongs to North Fork Nigerians) as a tiny kid:

[​IMG]

And at nearly 5 months:

[​IMG]

My buck, Tomahawk at 3 1/2 months:

[​IMG]

And at about 9 months:

[​IMG]

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow... I love this post.... really neat stuff.... what a difference love and care makes.... :wink: :thumb:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    WOW!
    I LOVE seeing all of your goats and how well they mature and how much of a difference your making!

keep 'em coming!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Me too Katrina...it is amazing.... :thumb: :greengrin:

16. chelsboers

chelsboers Senior Member

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Kansas
    I love seeing before and after pics!
    Here is one of are does a couple days after we got her.
    [​IMG]

After giving her a different kind of mineral and feed, here she is 5 months later
    [​IMG]

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Woe... :shocked: that is totally amazing ...she looks like a show Doe now.... great job... :thumb: :hi5:

18. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Wow, awesome job! You get what you put in, literally! The better they are fed and the higher nutritional plane they are on, the more they thrive.

19. chelsboers

chelsboers Senior Member

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Kansas
    Thanks! My husband was so mad at me for bringing her home. He thought she was the scroungiest looking goat, which she was. It was great seeing her transform and in a couple months we will get our first kids from her.
    BTW the person we bought her from has great looking goats and even uses the same feed as us. The only difference is she isn't the low goat on the totem pole here and we use a different kind of mineral. The seller was just as surprised by her transformation as we were.

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    holy goats... thats incredible