The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lord help me, so the lady that I bought Cavatina and Madeline from as an older goatie (10yrs old, 4/14/10) she's wondering if I would take in as right now she needs to cut numbers and is low on hay and just wants her to go to a good home. I am trying to go about this reasonably LOL. The owner says she could be bred for a fall kid but should I worry at 10 yrs old? Isn't that breeding retirement age usually? She usually kids Quads. Also she is an elder goat, her nutritional needs may be a bit more heavy than a younger doe. I am getting close to my max in herd numbers for the pastures and shelter I have. I have currently on the farm 2 bucks, 7 does with 2 of which are yet to kid and I'd expect maybe 6 more kids from those 2, 9 kids on the ground currently. I have my 2 current bucks for sale and am thinking I may sell 2 of my FF does. I have 2 new herd sires coming and a doeling. Things are almost kind crazy here at the moment. That says the obvious right there I should wait or decline totally. I do want your guys advice on her. She has decent lines be it she could only be breed maybe one more time age wise. I was almost thinking if she's pretty healthy yet I could cross her with my neighbor's young buck Andy's Acres SS Shy Bandit and retain a kid maybe. Here is her pedigree:

Shere Country SH Aria VEEV 88 (The doe in question)
Sire: SGCH Rosasharn SP Shazam +*B VVV87
Dam: TX Twincreeks ADG Aria VEEF 80
SS: Rosasharn SW Sapporo ++B EEE 91
SD: SG AGS Rosasharn TL Bewitched 1*M EEEE 92
DS: AGS TX Twincreeks AB Adagio VEV 88
DD: SGCH TX Twin Creeks WDF Sarafina 2*M EEEE92
SSS: AGS Doe-Sy-Doe FS Storm Warning
SSD: AGS Rosasharns Unagi 3*M
SDS: AGS Rosasharn Tiger L ++B +AE 82
SDD:AGS Rosasharns UK Witch-Hazel
DSS: AGS Twin Creeks BW Atlantis Bay
DSD: SGCH AGS Twincreeks Madamebutterfly 1*M VEEE90
DDS: GCH AGS Pecanhollow Willy'sdance Fever +B EEE 91
DDD: GCH AGS Twin Creeks BH Mariri's Zinnia 1*M EEEE91

I should probably just decline and be a normal person with some self control!!

PS: This is the goats page http://sherecountry.com/Aria.html

Your thoughts??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan this year market willing was to sell all the kids buck/doe alike because my current bucks aren't the greatest of quality. I have 2 very very nice bucks coming and need to push to sell the two that are here currently. A couple of the doelings born last night I LOVE the color but it is just that, color. The dam is wonderful be bit a bit sharp conformation wise but I love her build. Funny story is the kids born last night are this doe's grand kids. Had the kids been from a better buck I would probably retain a couple for my in coming bucks. I have a FF doe that is the new borns half sister and her conformation is lovely but her udder is very back yard Nigerian looking, teats are tiny and way forward and off to the sides, connections are a lacking at the sides of the udder 10 and 2 seemingly. So my gut says I should sell these pretty doelings regardless of if this doe were to come home because I know the sire side is fairly poor.

Cavatina is Aria's doeling. The picture is Cavie and Irish my current buck the kids are from.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is on her way home :) A friend and neighbor was going to the breeder today to pick up her own does and kids and Said she could bring home Aria for me. Worked out slick! I have a stall and part of the barn ready for her so she can meet the girls through the panels.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Granny Aria <3

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update on Granny Aria! She is a wonderful little old lady! She's so very healthy too. the only thing is her front feet are crappy from year of spread toes, but otherwise she plays and gets around great and holds her weight very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My plan this year market willing was to sell all the kids buck/doe alike because my current bucks aren't the greatest of quality. I have 2 very very nice bucks coming and need to push to sell the two that are here currently. A couple of the doelings born last night I LOVE the color but it is just that, color. The dam is wonderful be bit a bit sharp conformation wise but I love her build. Funny story is the kids born last night are this doe's grand kids. Had the kids been from a better buck I would probably retain a couple for my in coming bucks. I have a FF doe that is the new borns half sister and her conformation is lovely but her udder is very back yard Nigerian looking, teats are tiny and way forward and off to the sides, connections are a lacking at the sides of the udder 10 and 2 seemingly. So my gut says I should sell these pretty doelings regardless of if this doe were to come home because I know the sire side is fairly poor.

Cavatina is Aria's doeling. The picture is Cavie and Irish my current buck the kids are from.
Who couldnt love those little faces.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts