Bella has QUADS today (new pic added)

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Thunderhill, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    She has 3 bucks and 1 doe..ALL are blue eyed. 2 of the bucks are Buckskin, one is solid black. The doeling has is black with white blotches in different places and a big white on her side. Pics is not so great but'll have to do until I get better daylight tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Bella has QUADS!

What ever it is that you are giving these does - I want to know - because I WILL NOT give it to mine!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: You have everyones kid quota for the year at your place with the last few births~~

Congrats and can't wait to see everyone!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my! and congratulations :leap:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! She looks deflated!!! :ROFL:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW....You must have some water supply!!

Congratulations! :stars:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I think my head would explode!

Congratulations!!!

(What are you feeding those does?) :wink: :greengrin:

:stars:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats.......... :greengrin:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I can not believe how many babies your does have, Congratulations. :stars:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Re: Bella has QUADS!

Whatever it is ... I want some (not for me, for my does lol)

Congrats x 13

11. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    Don't know if any of this has any bearing on the numbers...but I used CIDRs on Timachee and Bella. I also fed "buck power" to my bucks during breeding season. Everyone got BoSe 30 days prior to breeding EXCEPT the bucks and Potsie since they were not here.
    Now, the rest of my crew looks like twins exept Daisy looks like a single and she DID have a CIDR as well.
    So I have no clue but I think my big numbers are over til the first of March when Nimue kids

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    You have NO CLUE how long I set here debating on whether or not to actually look at this thread :doh: :help: and I can see right now that I definitely SHOULDN'T have! :help:

They are GORGEOUS Robin!!!!!!! :love: What does that put you up to now??? 13??? You know next Friday is Friday 13th right :roll: :wink: :greengrin:

13. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    Yep, that puts me at 13 so farm. I have does due end of next week as well

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    What is CIDR? :scratch: I wouldn't mind getting quads more often. :) Not sure about quintuplets. :wink:

15. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    CIDR's are used to generate heat cycles. They force the doe to go into heat using a hormonal method. They look like little tampons and you use a plastic applicator to insert them and leave them in for 18 days. After that, you pull the "string' removing the CIDR and a doe will cycle within 48 hours. I use them so I know exactly when we get bred.
    I had some left over from when I did boers a couple years ago. I only have a few left. You can't get them imported to the US anymore. It has now become illegal to import unless you are a vet.

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    so how do people get them?

cute kids!

17. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    I guess you could check and see if your vet can get them

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    that is neat! I have never heard of that before... I know with horses you can give them a shot to bring them into heat. I wander if they have the same thing for goats :shrug:

19. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    TH - did you use PMSG along with your CIDRs?

I do the same thing - CIDR then natural breeding, so I can organise to be home when they kid, they all kid together and I know exactly when they will kid.

Using CIDRs for AI, it is recommended to give a shot of PMSG at CIDR removal, to increase fecundity (because AI generally lowers fecundity) and in this situation you would expect average of twins.

I havent used PMSG with natural mating, and I'm averaging twins, but I've been debating this year whether to use PMSG in hopes of triplets and quads, considering I have a huge list of people wanting goats from me, weaned babies and poddies, and I dont mind poddying the extras.

Still thinking bout it

20. Thunderhill

Thunderhill New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    North Alabama
    Nope I didn't give the shot this time. I have used Lutelyse before and it just doens't work as well for me as a CIDR alone. I've never had a CIDR fail to produce a strong heat cycle.
    I try to help increase the health of the semen and fertility in my bucks as well. I give BoSe 30 days before breeding and I also feed "Buck Power" during breeding season