Bellafire Farm - Ophelia's kidding thread due 2/13

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Bellafire Farm, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    So this is my first time doing a kidding thread... Bear with me... but I've always wanted to do one, yet it seems kidding time is the busiest and I never get the time to make one up... So Here Goes!

First to kid in 2011 at Bellafire Farm is our beloved Alethia Farm Ophelia who is Roshasharn/Castle Rock/Algedi Farms bred. She was Res. Champ Junior doe last year at the big Santa Barbara Fair. She's just gorgeous and SO SO SO sweet! She's bred to Algedi Farms Manuka Honey, who's just stellar!

So, Ophelia was sono'd at the local Veterinary College...probable that she is carrying twins...definitely saw one w/heartbeat, and believe we saw a second too. First freshening. Definitely need atleast one doeling, as she's purchased w/a doe back deal.

I'll have a kidding camera (arrived in the mail today-yippe!) setup by the time she kids (Hopefully it will be on Ustream for all to watch).
    Here's her pic from one of her shows last season (Photo credit to Alethia Farms)....and a cute face shot that I can't resist. :love:

I'll be clipping udders soon and will post those pics too...

Attached Files:

2. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Hee hee.... ME TOO!! And she was *Supposed* to be my daughters special 4H & ADGA show doe... but Phi-Phi (Ophelia) and I are best bud's...I think I'm trumping my daughter! Hee hee.... Doubt I'll get to handle her at the shows though...for some crazy reason I always get the "not so easy" goats to show... Hmmmmm :chin:

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I love her look! So pretty!

I hope she has some girls for you! And then im gonna sneak to your house and steal them LOL

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh my...she is so beautiful..... :love: :thumb:

5. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Soo pretty! I am so excited for you!

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
  7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a pretty mama to be!! I am totally in love with her awesome dairy build!
    Hope you get at least 2 from her

8. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Ophelia is just beautiful!!! What a sweetie! i think I'll sneak over and steal whatever Tiny hooves leaves behind!! Good luck, and cant wait to see more pics.

9. TinyHoovesRanch

bahahaha hey wanna work together?? we can each take one baby!

10. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    No - No - No baby stealing (this time!)... She won't be "technically" ours until her "other momma" gets a doe-back...

11. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    ROUGH week!! Phi kidded premies on Thursday, twin doelings, yippee! But oh so tiny!! They are doing better now, stronger and nursing now...so I think we're headed in the right direction.
    One looks JUST like momma, w/blue eyes. One is a beautiful flashy Chamoise color. Both just sweet as can be :)
    Momma Phi is doing great and her udder is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! Yippppeeeeee!!!! :leap:

Will post pics later this weekend.... :)
    Next up is Latifa...who is very upset at the extra attention Phi is getting! LOL!

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aww congrats!!! I've had premies before too (twin does)...lost one the first day, but the one that survived is gorgeous.

Can't wait to see pics!!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats.... :hi5: :thumb:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i love her coloring! pictures!

15. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Wow-she is STUNNING...love her! Would love to see pics of the babies!

16. TinyHoovesRanch

CONGRATS!!!

So...when you bringing one to me LOL

17. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Awesome! So glad they are alive!

18. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    My little preemie babies... day four? and they are doing great now...hooray!

Attached Files: