Beluga Brats & Burgers

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by nancy d, Nov 12, 2009.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hi all my computer is dead so I dont get on much & miss everyone.

Finally got Beluga into the butcher along with a couple of wethers. The order on her was half brats & half ground but butcher made mistake...he did the half & half job on the wether. I did bring home a lb of fresh ground & was it ever incredible!
    Anyhow she was 145 hanging & might have been 180 or so live. She was a 3yr old spinster. In some ways maybe the mistake will turn out to be a blessing as we've never eaten any over a few months old, so we will get to compare older meat with the young stuff.

2. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Do post how it tastes. My DH and I are looking at getting a couple meat goats.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hey....nancy d...... I was wondering where you went to......glad you are OK.....

Sorry about the mistake of the cuts.....but glad it worked out.... Glad to see ya back..... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Thanks Toth :wink: well not having a home computer I seem to get more done.

Shelly we got to taste some brats this summer from some one elses goat & it was out of this world!!
    The fresh ground from the wether was very very mild we had never had it ground before only steaks chops roasts etc.
    I could go on & on about how great tasting as well as how super nutritional it is; it's higher in protein & iron than any other meats & lower in cholesteral and fat.
    You might be able to find some in an Hispanic market if you want to try it but yeah you guys go get yourselfs a couple of them! :thumb:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Eventually I want to try goat -- just havent had the opportunity. Glad it turned out well

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have had goat...a 6 month old Alpine wether that my mom couldn't sell. It's been awhile since then but I do remember it being "soft and buttery" tasting. I have issues with eating critters I know, unless they tick me off! Then I have no problem AT ALL!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome ... :wink: :greengrin: