The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it's really cold where I'm at and I went to put a jacket on my goat and it was too long in the back and I didn't think anything about it. When i finally took it off her tail was flopped to one side. The sweatshirt was holding her tail te whole time and now it won't straighten up. I'm really worried since this is my prize show goat and her tail shouldn't be growing at this stage.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Some of my goats have curled tails.. I don't think it's anything to worry about :thumb:

· Goat Girl
1,985 Posts
It should straighten back out, might take a day or so. Kind of like when your arm is in a cast and it takes a while to be able to straighten it when the cast is off. As long as it isn't a true wry tail it shouldn't affect her showing if it doesn't straighten.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Would you mind explaining what a wry tail is and how you know if a goat has one or not? The Boer who has a 'bent' tail isn't like that all the time, but I am just wondering for the future :)

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Interesting! Do you know where I could look at this? My Boer has a bent tail, but it doesn't bend at the base, and it's not like that all time. Just curious about what it looks like :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.