Best Bucket Milking Sytem

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by lkmartin1230, Sep 9, 2018.

1. lkmartin1230

lkmartin1230 Member

Jul 6, 2015
    AL
    Needing recommendations for best machine milking systems. I would like to milk 2 does at a time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Caprine Supply has some good ones.

lkmartin1230 likes this.

3. MtnRidgeFarm

MtnRidgeFarm Active Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Northern California
    I guess it depends on what breed of goat you have and how much they produce. I use this: https://www.caprinesupply.com/8-quart-stainless-milk-pail.html But it still doesn't hold all the milk from my 2 does. I milk one, pour it up and then milk the other into it. I weigh our milk so I'd have to separate it anyway but it is a really nice big pail and I have been very pleased with it.

lkmartin1230 likes this.
  4. MtnRidgeFarm

MtnRidgeFarm Active Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Northern California
    Hahahaha! I guess I'm just super old school. When you said "bucket milking system", I thought you literally meant a bucket. :D:D:D:D Those look amazing but we are off grid and don't have a set up to power one of those. When I used to milk a friends dairy cow she had an electrical set up and pump that made it sooooo easy!! It was amazing!

lkmartin1230 likes this.
  5. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    I thought she meant a milk bucket too.

MtnRidgeFarm likes this.
  6. lkmartin1230

lkmartin1230 Member

Jul 6, 2015
    AL
    Sorry, should have said machine milking system, but that just sounds weird to me:confused:

7. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I used to use a generator to run my first milking machine, the old barn didn't have electricity.

lkmartin1230 likes this.