The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a text from a fellow breeder who until last year raised unregistered lamancha, alpine and crosses of the two along with a very powerful boar herd. Well this year she and her son, who is now to old for 4H wanted to move over into open class (ADGA) dairy goat showing. So they picked up some great doelings this year, both Lamancha and Alpine.

Well the text was to inform us that one of the doelings she bought from us just took Best Doe of Breed, Alpine :). Which is cool by its self but if you know ADGA judging guild lines and points, its very difficult for a doeling to beat out just about any milking doe. A non milking doe losses 35 points alone on the udder. So for a doeling to beat out adult does speaks volumes about the doe kid. :) Because we elected not to do the fair this year, this was a neat message to get. But now ill have to sneak over in the night and steal my goat back! lol

Will post pictures when i get em.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Wow! How awesome is that! Congrats to you and tour friend! :D

·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After thinking about it, I decided not to sneak over and steal the kid back :) She also picked up a few doe kids and a buck from des Ruhigestelle/tempo (Laurie Acton) so Ill play nice in order to get a few breedings outta her buck hehe. And or maybe talk her into letting us A.I one of her doelings the following year for a buck of our own. That is if we dont go to Lauren ourselves first :)

·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we made an appearance at the fair and found out it wasnt just best in breed. She won best doe in show as well :) So didnt just beat out all the alpines but ALL the jr and sr does of all breeds! Now I am swaying back towards stealing her back again! hehe

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
That's pretty cool. Always nice when your breeding gets singled out those rare times :)
One of my friends doelings got grand champ with her 7 year old daughter showing her. What an awesome boost for the child to continue chasing the dream.

Did you see my new girl? I really like her, what do you think?

·
2,203 Posts
Curious if you ever got pics??

Congrats. Tremendous management on your part. Reflects back on you. Be honored (as you are of course!). Way cool!!

·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
That's awesome. What fair were they at? And why were dairy kids wearing non dairy clothes?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Figured it was over there.

·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts