The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
We use Noble Goat and absolutely love it. My goats have never looked better when they are in milk. I like ADM as well.

·
Registered
905 Posts
We order grain from a local, organic feed mill. They mix it up for all of us organic farmers in the area and deliver it in 50# bags to one of the farms, then the rest of us go pick it up there. It's got oats, barley, a little bit of corn and vegetable oil in it. We give a nursing doe 9 cups, a milking doe 8 cups and the kids (6 months old) just 1 to 2 cups per day.

We also give one cup of sweet feed to the does, and 1/2 cup to the kids. I can't remember the brand, but we buy it at Farm and Fleet.

They get about 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, too. The kids get 1/4 cup.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Dyne is also good for weight gain. Its a calorie supplement. I think it is 150 calories per ounce and they sugges using it two or three times a day. It works pretty fast too! Between calf manna, grain, hay and dyne she would be up in weight in no time flat.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
As she is drying, she may get a little skinnier as you will need to cut the grain a bit for her production to go down, but you will be able to fatten her up beautifully when she's dried.

My vet recommended feeding Timothy hay to the doe as you are trying to dry her. It's good roughage, but not good for milk production and will help slow things down.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Love all the responses , thanks everybody ! What a great learning thread , for me anyways ;)

I would like to try the timothy hay for her but i know she will stand there staring at me because she knows everybody else is eating alfalfa hay , lolol. And I would be afraid of her not eating and getting thinner.
Im going to take a picture of her so I can get some "feedback" on her condition. Maybe she isn't too thin , IDK. But I think she is .
She better be thin , I just bought a 50lb bag of calf manna :/ lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts