The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting a milk machine for my goats. One of them has smaller teats and is naughty on the stand which a milk machine would be nice on her. Looking to see what people have used and loved!
Thank you

·
Registered
131 Posts

i made one for about $25-$30 one of my goats also has smaller teats

·
Registered
750 Posts
I use a Simple Pulse and I like it. Prior to that I had a MaggiDan milker that I kept on hand for my goat sitter to use when I was out of town. The MaggkDan was a little rough on the hands after a while (it's a modified vaccine injection gun) but it was easier for my goat sitter than trying to milk tiny teats. The SimplePulse is much better and much easier, but also much more expensive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use a Simple Pulse and I like it. Prior to that I had a MaggiDan milker that I kept on hand for my goat sitter to use when I was out of town. The MaggkDan was a little rough on the hands after a while (it's a modified vaccine injection gun) but it was easier for my goat sitter than trying to milk tiny teats. The SimplePulse is much better and much easier, but also much more expensive.
wow thats expensive!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's definitely not cheap, but it is the cheapest of the automatic milkers. I saved up the money from an entire year's worth of kid sales to buy mine. I'm milking 8 does twice a day right now and I can't manage without it. And it makes training first fresheners SO much easier!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's definitely not cheap, but it is the cheapest of the automatic milkers. I saved up the money from an entire year's worth of kid sales to buy mine. I'm milking 8 does twice a day right now and I can't manage without it. And it makes training first fresheners SO much easier!

i can imagine... im milking one twice a day and im thinking next year when / if all four does get pregnant i will still only milk one for milk for us.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,608 Posts
All of my research when I looked into milking machines ended me up with the understanding that Simple Pulse would be the one I would go with. Anything cheaper has either risk of hurting your does, doesn't have replacement parts, or is hard to clean.

·
Registered
750 Posts
i can imagine... im milking one twice a day and im thinking next year when / if all four does get pregnant i will still only milk one for milk for us.
Yeah, for milking just one doe it isn't worth it. For me, I was having to limit the number of does I bred to the number I could commit to milking. Which was only 3-4. I was splitting my herd in half and only breeding one half each year. With the machine, it's not an issue anymore.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i made one for about $25-$30 one of my goats also has smaller teats
Can you tell me all the exact parts you got? I have looked into some diy milkers. I only have 2 does and only one is difficult so not sure I want to spend a huge amount of money right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts