The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to order a SS milking pail TODAY! Which one is your fave?
I want to get the one from Hoeggers, the goat milking "kit" I think it is, but they are temporarily out of them. so I may have to order a different one. I don't necessarily need the cover, I just like the shape and height of the pail they have.

Also, I read somewhere that the SS filter fits on top of the bucket, so really, you could milk directly into the SS filter which is on top of the bucket and then you would eliminate getting any straw, hair, dirt into the milk at all. I kinda like that idea. Anyone know if it actually fits decent on top of the bucket??
My goat doesnt' move around much, so I dont' think she would kick it off of the top of the bucket. Just thought that way there is no chance that nasty hair or manure falls into the bucket.
We are drinking it raw, so I want to be as "clean" as possible with the handling of the milk.

Tell me what SS pail you love! THANKS!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is an Oberhasli-
No, I didn't choose one yet. I'm SO indecisive it's ridiculous. I'm sure whatever one I decide to get will be fine but im just picky I guess. I really want the one from Lehman's, but im not willing to spend $80!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts