The Goat Spot Forum banner

221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
It might go down. I’m sure there will keep making others that are better which would drop the cost ideally but also who knows since everything always seems to just jump threw them roof. I went back and looked at the contecs to see how much they are when I put mine up for sale and they went up quite a bit since I got mine.
It’s probably not worth it to everyone and honestly if it was just my own animals no big deal. If I am unsure of one then I would just try it again. But when I’m doing it for someone and driving there and saying I’m sorry I don’t know I’ll come back and check again in a few weeks for free, that was getting old. Plus the the China made ones are not really approved to use since it’s not measuring the out put (please don’t ask me what technical words it is today lol)
But so far since getting it I have made $580 and have 32 does to do tomorrow and that’s not counting my own. So I’m happy with it and I don’t think it will take long for it to pay it’s self off..........for me anyways

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oh I’m with you and I’m not going to do it for just anyone I don’t know or someone I know knows. Today will be the farthest I have dipped into the I don’t know them and my best friend had told her friend about me and I have ultrasounded for him a few times. The last time his dad was there, and now he wants me to check his does. So ive technically met him I just don’t really know him personally. But going alone to some random persons house is a concern. My friend owns a sale yard and she wants me to advertise and just have them all go over there, like a day of just ultrasounding for people and kick back some money to her but the other concern is this isn’t technically legal and I don’t know how to go about covering myself. Plus I’m not sure how many people would show up. She does a really good job at keeping things clean but still anything of mine that hits the sale does NOT come back home no matter if it is a terrible price it ends up selling for. So I think for now I will just stick to friends and friends of friends.
I do need to get that pipe fixed and get going on really getting good at cattle though because once I do that’s when I think I can really get out there with people I know.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
That’s really nice though! I didn’t realize it wasn’t legal, but I guess I never looked into it that far. I bet the extra income has been nice. You’ll have to share some images of little growing calves when you ultrasound next!

·
Registered
432 Posts
It might not be illegal in your state but it probably is. I have been trying to go about it so it is questionably legal lol so I try not to say “bred” but just kinda point to the screen. I mean when you see something kicking around it’s pretty obvious it’s a baby lol and let them come to their own conclusion but when they flat out ask “how many” it’s not hard to say X many lol so far I have been comfortable with the people I have done it for but I still am a little cautious.
I’m defiantly not going to get rich off it lol but it is nice having a little extra money and I really do enjoy it. I will definitely get calf pictures! I am giving the men around here a few more weeks to fix that pipe and then I am insulting their manhood and hiring someone to weld it lol the guy that rents the pasture by us is a welder so he could do it real fast on his way to check his cows lol but they won’t know who I’m calling :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
It might not be illegal in your state but it probably is. I have been trying to go about it so it is questionably legal lol so I try not to say “bred” but just kinda point to the screen. I mean when you see something kicking around it’s pretty obvious it’s a baby lol and let them come to their own conclusion but when they flat out ask “how many” it’s not hard to say X many lol so far I have been comfortable with the people I have done it for but I still am a little cautious.
I’m defiantly not going to get rich off it lol but it is nice having a little extra money and I really do enjoy it. I will definitely get calf pictures! I am giving the men around here a few more weeks to fix that pipe and then I am insulting their manhood and hiring someone to weld it lol the guy that rents the pasture by us is a welder so he could do it real fast on his way to check his cows lol but they won’t know who I’m calling :p

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
I don't know why I am not getting notified of replies of threads I am watching or a part of the conversation of. It is weird. I went and checked every email box now on my notifications. Hopefully that will fix that.

Jessica I hope I didn't come across as being rude. I think that is so cool you got that new ultrasound machine. I would love to have a ultrasound machine like that! It is clearer picture than ours is probably. But for now ours works for what we need it to work for.

I just made a post, if you guys can tell me your opinions I would appreciate it! I have a doe I was sure was pregnant.....ugh! Ultrasounding her next week (30) days. Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The bottom picture looks promising but I really do suck at still pictures. What day is she at in those last pics? And you have my number you are welcome to text me the video too ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 · (Edited)
Thanks Jessica for posting!! I’m hoping that she’s pregnant!

Ohhh that’s right! I could text video! We didn’t save any video yesterday cause I think I need to shave her more. She’s hairy. My goats this winter are so furry!

We will ultrasound her again Wednesday and probably again on Saturday night or Sunday. Saturday she will be 40 days. She was 35 days yesterday I think.

When we get video I will either post here or text video to you.

Thanks for your opinion. I know the photos we got weren’t the best.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Oh thank you moers for commenting! I sure hope so!! The buckling we bred her to this year is a younger buckling but will bring us lots of great color! So I really hope she’s pregnant!

I will hopefully post a video on this thread tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I would love to see the video..if you get one. Those movements help to see what the little ones are doing. And I just get fascinated watching them..lol sorry.
Wheres the bucks picture? Would love to see it. Im working on getting color too.

221 - 240 of 266 Posts