The Goat Spot Forum banner

141 - 160 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
You are so awesome. You really are! Thank you so very much. I wasn’t as concerned as they were about it, I held VERY still at the end of the videos to make sure I saw it all moving on it’s own and it was.
But that’s what I’m wondering as well, being more crowded makes them less noticeable. She is a heavy girl right now. She didn’t kid with the rest, (my fault) and she was fed very well this last summer and fall because she is my sons show doe.
And I thought I saw 3 too! I figure 2 for sure maybe 3 lol but what do I know lol

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It’s no problem at all! I saw the comments and thought they were a little exaggerated. If the kiddos are moving, then I see nothing wrong. All does are different, and I really think it has a lot to do with their body comp. Nevertheless, we will see in a few months! Yay!

It’s funny because I didn’t ultrasound anyone from the group due in May. I was being lazy and didn’t feel like fighting the winter fuzz. I hope it doesn’t bite me in the butt lol. A lot of these girls are extremely experienced unlike our March group, so maybe I was not wanting to see trips and quads this go around lol. It’s the biggest group (13) to kid at once, so I bet we will be up to our ears with babies.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Lol I’ve learned to just take what others say with a grain of salt. If they had said that it was a parasite or a alien moving around I would have taken them more serious :p but it probably is hard to know if someone was moving the probe around or if it really was moving on its own off a video of a screen.
You know what I dont blame you for being lazy! I did those 10 yearlings with 3 kids and my sister as helpers and it was a chore. One landed on my cull list after that too lol it’s defiantly a chore. I honestly don’t see me ultrasounding EVERY single goat unless some how they break themselves up on being due or I can figure out how to contain them all better. But I guess I can always give it a shot lol
I did forget to tell you guys that a few weeks ago I tried my hand at a cow again. I didn’t go in rectally this time but just went in threw the bars and used this same probe and found a tiny little baby. Of course by the time I did find it she was done and I was scrambling to find the freeze button and missed it. But for anyone who comes across this and was wondering about that I don’t think you need to get the other probe. Also depending on your squeeze if you go in right where CountryLineAcres shows in the video they can’t kick you there. Which did have me a little worried. Out of all the times to have to go to the ER i was not looking forward to it right now :p but we are getting ready to go threw the older ladies and cull so I’ll get to play more with that soon and hopefully get a picture this time

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Basically! Who knows... maybe you'll have to give them alien names

Ugh. Don't you just love hauling their butts in the stand and then getting potentially kicked at? I swear these does don't want to make friends!

That is super awesome! Glad you didn't have to get down and dirty LOL. Seems like it's going to be an awesome tool for you!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Oh COUNTRYLINEACRES!!!!! I need your expertise here!!! I'm sorry I tried to save you and ask on FB but not getting anywhere with my actual question lol
So here is Gypsy, day 81 from AIing her.

There's no placenta buttons! (Please know what I mean so I don't have to google it to spell them)
So here's my question here. Clearly she has kid/s in there (I can upload another video if you want) but no buttons. Now I went back and looked at Chilis ultrasound at 3 1/2 months and no buttons. I remember the same thing with Jasmine at 4 months. The yearlings has them at 90 days, none with Cali at 51 days, which that might be because she was so early. Why are some so crazy everywhere but others are not? It seems like the farther they are the more they kinda vanish. What do you know/ think about this?
Also I'm correct that she is bred still right? I put a for sure open doe on the stand to check her as well and it looked exactly like you said it would, just grey. I played around and in this video it shows just the one but on the other video in a different spot I see another possibly 2. I'll just upload when I'm done milking but it can't be the bladder right?
Jessica!! Oh my word I missed some posts I think!? I'm going to watch these videos Jessica. Sorry for late responding. I don't think I was ever notified of your posts. Ugh!

I did blood test on both my other girls and neg. so we rebred sugar. I'm a couple wks she will be 30 days. I'm hoping she is bred. She stood for him right when we brought her. Think she may have been in heat when we brought her. She's a pretty silent heat doe.

Our other doe tho is definitely bred. Has 3 that we for sure saw! Even saw little hooves!!! So adorable!!

Ok now I'm going to watch the videos!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)
Ok countylineacres and Jessica please keep posting here!! I’m not on fb. My husband is tho so I guess I could go post on his account?

But if you wouldn’t mind posting here too that would be great!

Jessica I saw at least two babies I’m pretty sure.

She’s definitely preggers!!
Congrats!!

That’s cool about the cow too Jessica!

We have a small herd and so I will use my ultrasound machine every time they get bred I’m pretty sure. But yeah if I had a huge herd I probably wouldn’t ultrasound every doe either.

That’s so cool gypsy is preg tho!

I’m really hoping sugar is pregnant will know in a couple wks.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
No I will defiantly post on here too. I just didn’t want to keep bugging CountryLineAcres especially over just simply not seeing the buttons. But basically a run down on what I got on FB was being told to take her to a vet because of it and see if she had live kids or not. Which you can see total movement so I wasn’t worried. Also that she was only 45 days not, what 81 or so. Which there’s no possible way. Or I guess since they always seem to surprise me in their madness, a very small chance since the bucks have been in their pen with hot fence up and the does field is 3’ in from the bucks. Finally I did get replies that boers are harder then dairy because they are fatter and they do not look the same because of their hefty-ness compared to the dairy. One lady suggested ultrasounding when the doe has been off feed for 12 hours. Which I’m going to try when I have the time. Not because I’m worried, but more as a experiment to see if it looks different.
I’m very sorry about your does not settling. Hopefully soon you will see little babies :hearts:
Today though I’m going to try my hand at little Nigerian goats! One of my best friends got a few does and they might be bred so I said I would go over and see if we can find anything. That will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Neither of you are annoying! I love learning and seeing new things everything you all post.

Now I’m wishing I did check those 13 does, so I have something to share lol. Darn!

You’ll have to show us what you see on those NDs!

Buck Naked Boers - I’m hoping with you that Sugar gets bred!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Thank you both for still posting here! Yeyyyy! I appreciate that!

Jessica, that is a good suggestion that person gave you of ultrasounding before they eat! I am going to try that too! The newest doe we bred she is a fatty. lol. She has loads of muscle though so it isn't just fat! That is a really good idea though! Let us know if that helps to ultrasound them before they eat!!

Oh that sounds fun ultrasounding your friends does!! Have fun!!

Yeah I am bummed that my girls aren't settling. This is the third time!! Twice this year and once last year. And before that we never had any issues! I wonder if this is because they are getting older. Or if they just didn't like the bucks or what? Or maybe they were too stressed being at someone else's farm being bred? Or getting older?? It is strange to me why this is happening. But oh well. Hoping that this time she will settle. I am wondering if the other buck we bred her to just for some reason wasn't compatible to her. We took her to breed last year and I think she miscarried. This year she never settled or wasn't there long enough to get pregnant? I am not sure. So bred her to a new buck and this time just took her when we thought she was in heat. She stood for him right when we took her there. So I am pretty sure she is bred. We only left her there like a couple days and brought her home. So maybe less stress??

Carlee, Sugar will be 30 days on April 17th!! I can't wait. I might take a peek earlier than 30 days. UGH it is so tough to wait!! Maybe I have asked this before, have you seen anything earlier than 30 days?? =)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Let’s hope so!! I think the earliest I ever saw something was 30 days, but I’ve heard of some people seeing at 28 days, but that’s if you are quite skilled. May as well try and see! Can’t wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Yeah I hope she’s pregnant!
Wow 28 days!? Ok! Well maybe we will ultrasound around day 28. Who knows we might see baby beginnings! If we see anything I will post pictures! That won’t be til like the 15th of April. Lol. Ugh.

How’d everything go today Jessica!? Did you guys see babies!?

When would gypsy be due?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I didn’t end up going. Even though we had a plan for her to basically tie the goats up and go away so we don’t pass any hidden crud to each other I have been dying of, I’m 99% sure allergies, and I wasn’t going to go over there not feeling great. So I’m going to see if I can order allergy pills online (doubt it) and then go over another day.
Ok Buck Naked Boers, one thing I did Learn in my AI class. So it takes 14 days for the little fertilized egg to attach after being bred. This is kinda the important stage and you want as little stress as possible till then. If she didn’t take this go is there any way you could leave her there for 2 weeks after she has been bred? Or maybe someone trusts you enough to let you keep a buck for 14 days? Hopefully she is just bred now and you won’t have to try and figure anything else out but worse case.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Oh that's too bad! Get well!! Hope it's not the virus!! Allergy season tho too. I've been using my allergy nose spray off and on.

Ohhh thank you for sharing what you learned about the egg attaching. I'm wondering tho if maybe she was less stressed just bringing her home quick after breeding? And we don't live too far away from the buck. So travel was less too. So thinking that may have been a good thing. She's just been laying around a lot. Lol.

Yeah if she's not bred we should be able to leave here there two wks in the fall. The owner said we could re breed if needed. So that's nice of him.

Will know in a couple wks. She gained 12 lbs after returning home!
So am watching her weight and eating habits.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Lol no I don’t think it’s the corona. I did find some knock off cheap pills that I had bought awhile ago and I feel better this morning, I just suffer without my Zyrtec :/ I would love spring if it wasn’t for all the flowers and trees.
I’m not sure about hauling home fast, but if you had left her there before and she didn’t settle it wouldn’t hurt to get her back home. I know a lot of people have luck with driveway breeding and they bring them home fast. Actually that makes a lot of sense because the sperm hasn’t even gotten to the egg yet.
I swear sometimes they act different right after they are bred. So I have a good feeling for you ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Oh that is good it is just allergies. Yeah I have had to use my nose spray and it works great! Yeah my husband gets allergies pretty bad usually around July more to the grasses. So I understand, he has had pretty bad allergies in the past. Rubbing oregano oil on the bottom of your feet and putting socks on can help too!

I am not sure about the hauling them home quickly either. She had been at another bucks farm this year and was there I think three weeks. But she wasn't pregnant. This time this was a different buck who lives not too far from us. And this time we couldn't leave her for a month that just didn't work well for the owner. So this time we tried the dropping her off and leaving her for a bit. I think she was there 4 days and then we picked her up the 5th day. So I am anxious to see if this worked. Will know soon!!

Yeah I am sensing she is pregnant. But she is a good pretender! lol.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yay!!! Fingers crossed! I haven’t pulled mine out recently :/ I’m counting down the days till I breed and can get down and dirty doing this lol

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yes! I’m seeing 2 for sure, and I’m thinking maybe a 3rd or 4th that is off to the side. But I don’t understand how people can tell if they are “shadows” from another or if they are actual kids. I THINK that’s when the 45 day mark comes in handy that a lot of people swear by, you can see the little ones in there. But either way congrats on some babies coming!

141 - 160 of 266 Posts