Best vet ever...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by morganslil1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    My Daughter has to Job shadow as part of her graduation requirements. The school called my vet and my daughter gets to spend the day watching him do surgery. I plan on preaching at her a bit to make sure she scrubs up good and stays out of the way. My vet is awesome he works on large and small animals right now we are the only clients he has that has goats but he also comes out for my horse and cow.I got tickled at his assistant she didn't know what Daisys wattles were.

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    What a great experience for her. Mention about staying out of the light- that is the boner I pulled when I got to observe- I was so interested in looking I got between the overheads and the vet operating field.
    I hope your daughter is not squeamish- intestines are what I find hard to take.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is Wonderful. My vet has told my daughter if she ever wants to spend the day with him on all the call, and everything she is more then welcome. I do not see that she can do that because she almost passes out when they deliver babies.
    Is you daughter looking at going into vet field?

4. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Yes shes thinking about becoming a vet.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful. I just hope she gets to see a little of it all while she is there.

We need more GREAT vets. (is she looking at being a goat vet by chance)?

6. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Yeah she wants to work with large animals.

7. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    I hope that she enjoys herself.

Working in a vet clinic has been a very enjoyable experience for me. While I am mainly just the 'cleaning lady' I do still get to see surgeries take place, etc. :wink:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Glad to hear that your vet is like that, that is great. I hopefully get to get a job at my vet's this summer, I can't wait :)