The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh... I'm so sad right now. I was going to buy four goats from a lady and one of them was supposed to be bred (she promised to breed her for me) well I had to back out of part of the deal because of money issues and I haven't sold barely any of my goats... So I was only going to buy the pregnant one and the buckling. Well I just contacted her and she claims she doesn't have any pregnant goats! I reminded her multiple times that I wanted her bred she even offered when trying to sell her! :( this sucks!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said I would buy four and I usually don't go back on my word money and space are exceptions. I mean I would be diss appointed if that happened to me but I wouldn't not do something I promised to do! :(

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Did you put a deposit down? most does are not bred till at least October so its likely she doesnt have any bred yet. I would ask her if she still has the doe you planned on purchasing still available and if she could be bred prior to purchasing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you put a deposit down? most does are not bred till at least October so its likely she doesnt have any bred yet. I would ask her if she still has the doe you planned on purchasing still available and if she could be bred prior to purchasing.
Yes I put a deposit down $100. The agreement was that she would breed her five year old doe to her white buck this month so the baby's would be due in January. She said yes to each of these -> I asked her to breed her when I was e-mailing her I asked her verbally when I reserved her and I indirectly reminded her by asking about registering her kids. What more do I have to do forward the e-mails that have her saying yes ill breed her for you??? This seriously made me cry I was super excited about getting a bred doe! Now... :(

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
my does havent been coming into heat so its likely hers havent either. I would call her or email her stating what your agreement was and just ask if there was an issue with this.

backing out of part of your arrangement can make sellers wary and also make her feel she doesnt have to keep her end of the bargain too.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Also, where do you live? Not sure I would want kids in January, personally. Could you buy her now, and then come back later for buck service? Say, in december for may kids?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Maybe there is just a miscommunication on "WHEN" the doe was going to be a bred doe. I wouldn't get so upset about it until you have a clear conversation with her. Very well could have been a communication err on what she was saying. Maybe she would be a pregnant doe when you picked her up...where arrangements made for pick up yet?

Just get ahold of the Seller and clarify first, if you have to bring up emails;then do it. Worst she can say is no and you can get goats from someone else. Or you perhaps you can renegotiation on the price since she said it was suppose to be a bred doe.

Don't worry yourself about it till you have some straight answers :).

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
I agree, ask her when she plans to breed her.

If you take her home.
You may be able to take her back over to get her bred, when the goat comes in and the buck is in rut.

Get that in writing, she is sold as bred and will be tested and confirmed pregnant. When that is confirmed, all agreements are settled.

Keep in mind, if she for any reason aborts or has issues, it is not the fault of the breeder. Cause she was in your care thereafter.

Also get a a service memo from her, if this is a registered goat.

·
1,524 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to breed if the goat is not cycling yet. None of mine are at this point, and they are usually starting by the end of July.

Was the deposit and agreement on all 4? Was it in writing? I know with a lot of breeders of many different species, when you agree on 4 animals and make a deposit, that's what you get. Baking out of 1 or more nulls the agreement unless both parties agree and re-write the contract. Verbal contracts are just as valid.

Remember, a breeder is a business. A business is to make money. Contracts are made and are not supposed to be broken, even if an emergency comes up. Yes, some breeders will take that into consideration, but others do not and are within their rights to expect the original contract to stand as is or be null and void.

Also, she may not want that doe bred or bred to that specific buck if it will continue to be for sale since the original contract was not upheld.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts