Better Pooch test pics I hope!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Oct 2, 2008.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Here is the ones I said I would try to take today. I hope they are better. I hope she is not pregnant because they will have to be aborted, If my vet will give me the stuff to do it with. She is suppose to be five months old and if breed she is breed to a nubian buck. :GAAH: I could just tell people off who does such crazy stuff like put a little pygmy in with a big nubian buck, what is wrong with people. :shrug: Well anyways I truly hope she is not it will break my heart to have to do this to her. I have only had goats for three weeks and this is just one thing I didnt want to face.

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

sadly she does look bred. if your vet will give you the lut i would do it. Best case scenario you will have a doe in raging heat for about three days. Keep her away from any buck. If she is bred you will find one or more little pink babies in the pen. if you do abort her get her on ten days of pen and she should be fine. Her mothering instincts will more then likely take over and she will look for her babies for a few days, she may even let down a little milk. We have had to abort a couple of does simply because they escaped or the wrong buck got in with the girls.
    beth

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm kinda thinking she looks bred. Her vulva is unusually long for only a five-month old pygmy. Poor girl! :( I too hate it when people do crazy things like that. It's different if it was a total accident (it's happened to us before) but to do something like that intentionally, is sad.

How far along would she be? Do u know? If she's not too far along, I've heard Valbazen de-wormer aborts kids, not sure if it always does though.

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I thought she looked bred too. I thought I'd wait and see what you (pros) thought before giving any rash advice. That's sad. :(

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    go to the vet and ask for Lutylase.............I think you have to give it to them like a week after..exposer...........but ask your vet ...........the time frame.....it it only recommended in a small time frame ,,so call your vet right away and tell them when she was exposed............

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Gosh this is a hard one...she looks bred, but for some reason i'm just not wanting to say she does. I don't know. There is definately a good chance she's bred so it would be for the best to abort the kids. Sorry you have to go through this.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I personally think she's not :?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is better to be safe .........then sorry.......right girls?

you cannot say later ,if she is pregnant................" Oh no.................I should of.".............?
    It will be to late.......the shot in cheaper than maybe losing your goat.~!

9. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok this is what I was told by the woman that I got here from. She could be two months along, cause that is how long the woman has had her and she has had her in with the buck. Why would you do something so silly. Im setting her about ready to cry, my boy is begging me not to. He said mom we can pray for her and ask the Lord to help her. So then what do you say to that. She could be older than five months im not sure she didnt seem to know anything else so who knows. I will try to post a pic I got of her whole body maybe someone will know how old she is. I just dont know what to think other than she is probably two months or more along already. :tears:

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It is better to be safe than sorry...

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    call your vet right away and ask if it is to late or not to give her the shot?

If it is to late ...............there is nothing you can do other than,,,,,pray :pray:

Hopefully you will not have to do a C- section on her when she kids..............
    It is not cheap and it is hard on the doe.................

But if it was a big buck I am afraid it might be the case here.........................

2 months or so with a big buck........oh man .........that sounds like she could very well be pregnant.................... :doh:

Like everyone says how could someone be that ignorant..................to put a baby in with a mammoth of a way smaller breed size......... :tears:

Call the vet sweety...........and find out.............. :worried:

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I agree too, but then again. . . . . we had a pygmy doe who kidded at 14 months w/ not a single problem. She was about the same size as your doe (a VERY small pygmy doe w/ "small" bloodlines). We didn't know she was preggo until it was too late to do anything about it.

*Oh, our pygmy doe was bred to a pygmy buck. . . . that's different. Sorry! I sure hope it's not too late. Do u have a good goat vet? Or at least a decent one?

13. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    capriola this doe is bred to a Nubian buck . . .

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh.................... :worried: .......... the thought of a nubian buck is so scarey...................

bred to that baby...............

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    NUBIAN? I missed that!Some people :hair:

16. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    scalping is not christian . . . . anyother ideas? jking

17. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I guess I will call the vet. But I live in a very poor county and who knows if he has anything to do with farm animals, he is my dog vet. Im very :veryangry: at this woman. Im very depressed and worried. Why o Why me.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I personally do not think that she is preggers. I have a May 08 kid that is about the same size, and her cha cha looks exactly like that and she has never been bred - or lived with bucks. She is very elongated in the back end like your girl.

I would think - being that "far" along if she was pregnant there would be obvious signs of pregnancy - udder, cha cha swollen, kids felt on palpatation.

Have you considered having an ultrasound done? OHHHHHH _------- There is a blood test - look on my website under links -and I have the website listed. They only need to be 30 days pregnant for it to show up. I would say do either an ultrasound or bloodtest before the lute!!!!

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she at that stage..... if she is preggo.......... would not be showing especially bag udder,development until the last month of pregnancy,,,,her cha cha may not be swollen at this stage (2 months along)............... if I read it right .........when and how long she was exposed and how far along she should be?

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    PygmyGoatGirl.....let us know what you find out............