The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hired Arlene Durham to haul an adult nigerian dwarf buck from CA to WA. She is the worst transporter I have ever encountered and I would never recommend her. The full incident has been posted on my facebook page: KW Farms (
) or you can PM or email me if you can't view that on facebook. Since I posted my experience with her, there have been numerous complaints from other "clients/customers" including some real horror stories, many of them are posted in the replies on my FB wall. Again, you are more than welcome to PM or email me for the full story. But beware if you are considering Arlene Durham for hauling your goats or animals.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
wow!!! I am so appalled for you. i'm sorry it had to happen this way. what did the buck's seller say when you talked to them? is your buck okay? there are too many greedy people out there who would do anything for a dollar without consideration for anyone else. absolutely terrible.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I just read your post on FB. I am so sorry you and all of those animals (your buck included) had to go through that situation. I hope things are done to prevent other individuals from allowing this individual to haul and harm their animals. I hope your buck is doing ok. I also really hope for a full recovery for the injured buck that a woman shared about on your FB page from the same hauling trip.

No one should have to go through this type of situation (animal or human).

Once again so sorry this happened.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nchen7: The seller wasn't happy to hear, but we're both just relieved the buck came through this okay. He's doing well. Thank you.

DDFN: Thank you!

·
Registered
29,967 Posts
wow..Im so sorry you had to deal with that...what a long night you had...so happy your buck is fine..scary what some people are willing to do...

·
Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder
1,092 Posts
Hey There,
I posted on your FB page and Jackie Halls' too.
Had a bad transport with Ron Keener a few years back and submitted a USDA complaint against him.

My two options when buying goats are
  1. I go pick them up
  2. OR - they fly in.
Just isn't worth it to me anymore.
Glad all is ok and thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...I'll never ground transport again...only air ship from now on! You're right! Sorry you had some bad luck with Ron Keener! The USDA complaint is a good idea!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
WOW... Now, there is the argument of "She got the animals from point A to Point B, why didn't you pay her?", but honestly, I would've done the same thing if there was no one to stop me. Wow, that is so horrible for you and the animals! I am so sorry that happened!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Im very sorry your buck and all the other animals had to endure such a terrible ride. Prayers they all recover completely !
I would be interested in reading about it.

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Wow, I just read your FB post! :eek:
I'm so glad your buck and all the other animals were okay and that you're getting the word out about this woman.
She is obviously in it for the money and NOT for the love of animals. :mad:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Holy cow! That is awful! Glad you got your buck, but sorry to hear about the ungrateful wretch that hauled him for you.:( sheesh, some people!

·
1,132 Posts
I wouldn't have paid her anything! I had Henry Williams transport a buck to me from Texas. I don't think he delivers to the west coast but he does the east coast to Texas. I would recommend him and I know a lot of other breeders who would also. He's the guy they ask to transport for a lot of the online sales in TN and TX. Saw the other animals in the trailer and each animal had a stall with clean bedding. He even stayed longer at my place to give the animals fresh water, even though it was 10:00am and they'd only been on the road 3hrs so they still had clean water. Just a suggestion before everyone swears off all transporters :)

·
730 Posts
WOW!! I just read all of the FB posts on this matter...and sooo sad!! Thank god you were there to take in the other animals! I gotta tell ya..>> If I were YOU and this woman was trying discredit my name over HER WRONG DOINGS I would report her to EVERYONE POSSIBLE!!>> Including the SOCIAL SERCURITY ADMINISTRATION!!! People like her that claim to be disabled to get a "FREE RIDE" from the government are ONE of the MAIN REASONS that THE US is in the financial situation its in TODAY! >>Not to mention the people that REALLY ARE NOT ABLE to work not being able to get any help without having to jump through all kinds of hoops, Hire attorneys, and losing EVERYTHING they have to try and stay afloat while the SYSTEM attemps to dis-credit their claims due to the amount of FRAUD! I wouldn't have given her one red cent! I would've had a hard time releasing the animals back to her that you so kindly took care of after the accident! Glad your BUCK is ok, and GOD BLESS YOU for tending to the animals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts