The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching and reading many articles, I lanced a big abscess on my goat today. The pus was very greyish and tann colored watery discharge followed by white thick discharge. I drained until no pus came out and washed it out with Iodine.

I thought the skin that was bulging out would become normal but it still looks like if it has something inside, though, I made sure there is no more pus..

Does it take a few days for the skin to go back to how it used to be?

As of now, I isolated him to keep watch on him. I have not given him any antibiotics.. is it necessary to give him antibiotics?

I am still unsure about why he got this abscess. This is my first time experiencing since I started raising goats. I have been very busy moving our farms to different locations and I have not noticed about his abscess until this week!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
the location in the cheek I would think it is a puncture from a seed or some thing of that sort. you iodine the incision I think you have covered the bases. use antibiotic sparingly and in this case I would monitor the cist and drain again if needed. and forgo the antibiotic. treat for flies this time of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts