Big-E anyone?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Nigie Girl, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Yesss!!! I am so excited! I will BE there!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope...but I wish I could go.

14.3%
  3. No way--fair season is OVER for me.

85.7%
  1. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    Anyone going to the Big-E for 4-H Dairy Goats?
    If you are...I'll see you there next weekend!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I wish! I never got any info for it. :(

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, I can't show at all. Too far from town. maybe when I move to South Dakota, I'll start doing AGS and ADGA shows with my Nigerians. :type:

4. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    Fair Results!

The big-E was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    My goats did great. Actually...this is VERY weird. I was the ONLY person who had nigerian dwarves out of all the people that were at the big-e. It was sooo strange.
    Because I was the only one, one of my goats placed best of breed, senior champion nigie doe, best nigie milker, and i won two ribbons from ADGA. I even won herdsmanship out of all the 4-Hers from CT (there were like 38 of us). I placed 4th in the Senior A show (this is my first time...for everyone else it was their 2nd, 3rd or 4th) and I was the youngest. There were 16 people in the Senior A show. Then in fitting I placed 5th out of 16 in the Senior A group because the judge said that my goat's hair was too long (and i shaved her like just before the big-e). What does he want her to be...bald?!
    Well I'm really happy that I was able to go this year and I hope that next year more Nigerian people will be there (especially because i won't be able to represent the breed because I will be in college). It would have been much more fun with nigie competition!