Big Hershey

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Marcus, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    He's been my head goat for a decade. He was doing fine until the winter hit this year, and it just seemed like he'd had enough of the snow and cold. I guess he was about 13 years old at least. Best goat I ever had. Now I'm dealing with his lonely doe. She jumps the fence and wants to come in the house with me. I'm thinking about getting a Mini or two for her to "baby".

2. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    :grouphug:

So sorry to hear of your loss. He certainly lived to be a ripe old age....sounds like he had a loving home there.

All my best,

3. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    As he was going downhill recently I've been beating myself up and questioning what I'm doing wrong. When I realized today that he wasn't going to get better I was really in a bad state. The vets that came to put him to sleep were very kind, and let me know that he seemed healthy and comfortable other than just being old and arthritic. I'm still sad, but I do fell grateful that so many of my "family" have lived such long good lives. I've had a 13 year old goat, a 12 year old house-rabbit, a 20 year old cat, a 17 year old cat, (as well as two 92 year old parents). There have been some that have died before their time too, which is so much harder- but I guess that's part of life too.

4. Sooo sorry to hear, but sounds like he had a good life! you were blessed to have eachother!

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    My sympathies on your loss. These special beings sure do hold a long lasting place in our hearts. My thoughts are with you as you grieve the loss of Big Hershey.

6. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Im so sorry :(

Thats great Hershey lived really long, sounds like a long and very happy life

Hope you find a friend for your lonely girl

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry... for your loss.... :( :hug: