The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tonight one of our 6 month old does had this lump/bump on her nose. I squeezed and tried to pull on it and it bled like crazy but it's still there. Any ideas on what this is? My first thought was a tick but never seen anything quite like this.

image-219316444.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
hard to tell but looks like Ring worm or a wart? either way...don't touch with bare hands!!...If its the only one I doubt its sore mouth....

Man she sure is cute though!! lol

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
well wash real well getting under your nails and then I would also rinse in a bit of vinegar...it kill bacteria and virus'...:D

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
If you do a search here on Goat Spot..there is a post on how to treat warts...But if I remember correctly..vet care might be needed since its very hard to get rid of..

·
Registered
30,643 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks....I actually just finished reading this article :). But after reading and seeing all the posts I'm still not 100% what it is. We are supposed to be showing this girl on Sunday and most of next week and this girl LOVES to be in the ring with my daughter. UGH.

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
She looks like a ham...she has that "hey look at me" face lol

I wouldn't take to her shows with that on here until you knew what you are dealing with..it could be nothing...but you don't want to chance it :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took her to the vet today and she didnt think it was anything serious or to be overly concerned with. She squeezed the spot and did notice a small amount of cream colored stuff mixed with the blood so she gave some exceed just in case. Hopefully she knows what she's talking about....they aren't the best goat doctors in the world :). But the spot was not nearly as puffy today after I squeezed it last night and the doc had a tough time getting more junk out....so hopefully all will be good.

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
Well just to be sure I think you need to send her to me :D lol..she is such a cutie..

I too hope its nothing serious...what does concern me is the perfect circle it forms??..but Im sending positive thoughts so she can kill at the shows :p

keep us posted

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Did you vet offer to do any tests on it? If not, I think I would. And as for showing, nada. You would most likely be ran out by other breeders anyways. Its just not ethical to expose other peoples goats to a "disease/infection" you dont know what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts