Big Spoolie Things...?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Mar 10, 2009.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I was just wondering where people get those giant spool things for their goats to play on. I want to try to find some--my goats need some new toys. :)

2. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    just contact a local electrician. They usually give them away. If that's not an option, Menards, Lowes or Home Depot usually have empties that they sell.

Remember to cover the holes in the top so the goaties don't get a foot or let stuck.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I got mine from a customer who bought some wethers. She works for the electric company so she gets them free.

4. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    My dad was a member of the board that built our livestock arena with RV hook ups. I mooched a few from the garbage pile. LOL. But yes, from electricians or hardware stores that carry electrical wire and tubing type things.

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I was wondering myself.... where everyone was getting them....now I know....
    thanks everyone.... :greengrin:

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I also found them on my local Craigslist under "cable spools" and "wooden spools".

8. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I was wondering too where people got the spools... Now I Know, Thanks!!

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    That's so funny! I just got two of those myself! I got mine from a company called networks. I am not sure what they do though. I think it has something to do with repair of some sort. Now that has me wanting to know...

10. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Cable companies/installers. telephone installers both have spools since the cable comes on them. Ours has both BIG ones and smaller ones.

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yes we have two for our goats, and I also use them for pigeon cages, wire everything around, cut one of the middle boards out for a rain shelter, works well. Unfortunatly no one gives them away and we rarely find people selling them =\