The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...who are so generous and selfless when it comes to the safety of us citizens. This not only goes for firefighters, but policemen and paramedics and doctors, and everyone who works for the good of the people.

We were awoken this morning at 3:30 am to a terrible hissing noise, someone banging on the door, and the dogs in hysterics. I ran out to the front door, and my mom was having a rushed conversation with a big, tall fireman about a "high pressure gas leak... turning off all the lights... and get down to the street". My mom was freaking out badly and rushing around everywhere. He said- "just leave your animals" but I grabbed the indoor dog and got dressed, ran outside with the rest of the family. We walked down to the road, and on the way, there is a gas tank & pipeline that was built there 2-3 years ago. It smelled horrible. The super nice fireman brought us down to the road and let us sit in his truck. There were 20 firefighters out there checking gas levels in the air and evacuating our other neighbor. They told us we couldn't go back for a few hours even to check the other animals, just in case there was an explosion.

I was really worried about the goats, horses, and kitties in our barn. I was going to sneak back and check on them, but it was too dark, and freezing outside. We sat for 3 hours with the firemen and police officers, waiting for PG&E to come turn off their gas pipeline valve. Well, they arrived after it was shut off (thanks to another gas company) and we were cleared for entrance back to our home and to feed our animals.

We really appreciate the help of everyone who came out to help! (And to our friend who was kind enough to bring coffee). So if you are a firefighter or policeman or any other kind of first-responder, this is for you :hug::applaud:

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
My dad is paramedic. He works long days and nights. The thanks is much appreciated by a family member of a first responder. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts