The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Billy Block I bought for my 3 ND wethers before I purchased my free choice minerals (Purina). I know that the Billy Block is essentially candy for the goats and doesn't have the right balance of minerals for them, so I wouldn't use it as my sole choice of minerals.

Would it be a problem to give them the Billy Block in addition to the free choice minerals as a treat? Will they still go to the free choice as needed, or would it be likely that they would only go to the Billy Block and become definicient in some of the minerals that the Billy Block is lacking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
The Monkhood
3,067 Posts
That is so typical of a goat, to ignore something offered to them until their little light bulbs come on. And then they just have to check out what it is, they are nosy critters. A version of goats trying new things: " Let's see what this thingy is the human put in here yesterday. Smells pretty good. Try it. No, you try it first. Hey, this tastes pretty good. Let me try some. No, it's mine. I said I want a lick. Mine. No, mine." More than likely, once they smell, taste and compete for it, they will return to it again when the notion suits them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.