The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No his tummy isn't hard or bulged. He not hunched. But he just stands with his head down or looks from sided to side

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
is he on Thiamine of fortified B complex? I would get himon it if not. ...
Ok, you can give him an enema just to be sure..it wont hurt him if he didnt need it...could help a bunch if he does...

Get a syringe..some cooking oil and warm water..I dont really easure but if I had to guess I would suggest 1/8 cup oil in 1 cup warm water...draw some up in the syringe, be sure to stir befor each use...put the tip just in his bum and gently push the plunger...message his tummy..if after a few minutes nothing happens do another dose...message again..dont over fill his tummy..you will feel it bulge..message his tummy until he poops...this can take 45 minutesor longer..be patient and for his sake go slow...Not over filling is important...the nice thing about using oil and water is the oil sits in his intestines keeping htings moving along..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
is he on Thiamine of fortified B complex? I would get himon it if not. ...
Ok, you can give him an enema just to be sure..it wont hurt him if he didnt need it...could help a bunch if he does...

Get a syringe..some cooking oil and warm water..I dont really easure but if I had to guess I would suggest 1/8 cup oil in 1 cup warm water...draw some up in the syringe, be sure to stir befor each use...put the tip just in his bum and gently push the plunger...message his tummy..if after a few minutes nothing happens do another dose...message again..dont over fill his tummy..you will feel it bulge..message his tummy until he poops...this can take 45 minutesor longer..be patient and for his sake go slow...Not over filling is important...the nice thing about using oil and water is the oil sits in his intestines keeping htings moving along..
Ok can I use the poop after i use the oil and water to take to vet in the morning for a fecal sample?

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Yes..just let him know what the oil is so he dont freak lol...it should be just fine..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
He passed this morning.i took fecal sample yesterday morning and it was negative for cocci and parasites. So vet asked me to bring him back in to have another look at him and said that he believes that something was wrong with his liver and basically there was nothing more i could do. So I brought him home and kept him comfortable in hopes that he would make it.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Im so sorry....sounds like he had a hard time from the start...you were wonderful with him...

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
oh no!!! I just read this thread, and was hoping for the best. you gave him the love and attention he deserved, and he will be eternally grateful for that. good on you for saving that poor little guy. at least he died being loved. so very sorry for your loss. :( :hug:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It been a roller coaster ride for the last 3 days. One minute he would look terrible as if he was going to pass any minute just standing with his head down then an hour later he would be walking around and nibbling on grass and hay like he was getting better then back to the same.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts