Binkie kidded :)

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by OhCee, Mar 4, 2011.

1. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    My first goat- Binkie, kidded on the 28th. She had trip bucks, but two were very cold when we got home.

We were able to bring one back- he is the golden one. We're calling him "Lucky"- He is mostly blind with only slight light/dark sensitivity. He's a great eater and a real fighter.

The other surviving buck is "Joker" because of the black marks on his eyes and mouth making him look like the Batman character. He was the only kid who ambulated shortly after birth and was able to maintain body heat.

The one we lost was pure white and just didn't have a chance on the cold floor in our mud room (Binkie didn't kid on allllllll that hay she spread over the entire room but the door entry).

I'm honestly surprised that Lucky is still with us and doing so well. All three boys have blue eyes- thinking Binks is homozygous since Stachie is brown-eyed. Too bad only the Y's stuck! Would've loved a doeling. The boys are great and Binks is being an incredible first-time mom. She talks to them, cuddles, grooms them, and lets them nurse as often as they like- like a pro :)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2451592&id=6420310&l=65c5c2a604
    ^^Pictures^^

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    aww wsoooo cute

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats :)

Sorry about the lost one though :(

4. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    They are really cute. Do you think Lucky will get his sight back?

Jan

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    So cute...congrats... :thumb: :greengrin:

6. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Thanks, Ladies :)

Jan- I do not think his vision will ever come close to normal. He may get better- but i think this is a lack of oxygen during his first minutes... Neuro issues rarely improve significantly, but you never know :) I'm hopeful that he'll be able to live out his life and be happy and healthy.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hi5: :wink:

8. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Awwww, congrats on your adorable little bucklings! They are so cute! I am very sorry to hear that you lost one. :( :hug:

Tracy

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Very adorable indeed! I am sorry you lost one, but it sounds like Lucky and Joker are going to be okay. I also hope Lucky can regain some of his sight. Congrats!!!! :)

10. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Wow, trips from a ff? Congrats! So sorry to hear about the one you lost. :( Hopefully the little guy with vision problems will correct with time. The brain has an amazing ability to rewire when they are so young. :pray:

11. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Binks is my rescue goat- she was taken from a rodeo where she was a tying goat for competitions... Obviously, for the last YEAR she has hated all that is humans. However, she has come around beautifully and doesn't even move out of our way when we WANT her to, lol. She's doing great on the milk stand at night, and she is taking good care of her boys :)