Binks baby boy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by liz, Feb 23, 2011.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am diligent about dipping cords and trimming if too long and Binkeys last born triplet was as fine as his sister and brother......I went to do a final check before I headed to bed at 11...all seemed great except that there was alot of blood in the stall, Binkey literally had this boys cord chewed so short that me and hubby had a hard time tying it off, he lost so much blood all of his membranes were white....I cuddled him and got some nutridrench in him but the damage was done...he crossed the Rainbow Bridge while in my arms and not even 12 hours old.

He was the only one of the 3 that looked like his mama...such a handsome little guy.
    I am so sorry little man...I did what I could :(

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :hug: Oh Liz.....I'm so sorry and yes you did all you could.....love and cuddle those other two like crazy!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe I am so sorry :hug: sometimes those over attentive mothers can be a bit on the aggressive side about cleaning :(

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm am sorry for your loss liz. :cry: Those umbilical cords can be a lot of trouble some times. I've had several bleed like crazy this year and almost lost one because of it. Also had one last night we had to hold down while I tried to stop the bleeding. Mama was just trying her best, and must have liked him a lot, and gave him a little too much attention. :( :hug:

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I'm so sorry Liz... I had a Pug that was so "diligent" that way... (aka Crazed) she actually put her foot on the puppy and pulled the cord with her teeth.. the pup ended up with a hernia...
    Again, sorry the little guy didn't make it.... I had a stillborn doe 2 weeks ago too... I guess these things just happen

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm sorry about the boy Liz. Glad you have the others in good shape.

Jan

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a tragedy...I am so very sorry.... :( :hug:

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so sorry Liz. :( I came on earlier this morning to see pics and I was shocked to see this-tears for the little fella. :hug: to Binkey and you.

9. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM